Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Sweet and fluffy lord! Right because political ads are reality!!!111!!!!!11!!!!
    Duh! You know they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEBDN...layer_embedded
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    So people who are anxious about the economy? Sounds like most Americans...
    NO FUCKTARD - Try people who are dependent on government handouts and are afraid of losing them and having to actually get a job to support themselves.

You mad.
    mad? Mad is sitting on your ass waiting for the government to fix your life.

And the Democrat won. Being linked to sccarryyyy Obama and Pelosi, the Democrat still beat the Conservative.
    he won by less than 10% of the vote in a district where more than 2/3 of the voters are democraps. He won by running RIGHT.

The only race in the nation last night with a Democrat vs a Republican that is further leaning more and more right elected a Democrat.
    You mean a blue dog democrat ran against a conservative and won and you claim victory?
    Preview of November.
    You're right. The dems are going to SWEEP this november. Conservatives just don't stand a chance.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Critz was a legacy of Murtha - what's surprising about this race is that it was so close, not that a legacy won.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You're right. The dems are going to SWEEP this november. Conservatives just don't stand a chance.
    They already swept during the last 2 elections. There's not much left to sweep. It's up to the conservative to win majorities otherwise the only people the Democrats may lose are blue-dogs who sometimes vote along with the lock-step Republicans

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Critz was a legacy of Murtha - what's surprising about this race is that it was so close, not that a legacy won.
    If this is the pattern to expect, doesn't this mean the Dems will win in November since most seats are "legacy" seats?

That is to say, I was thinking by listening to hours of right wing talk radio that the mood of the country is anti-incumbent or even specifically anti-democrat. This election result doesn't seem to fit into that narrative,

So people who are anxious about the economy? Sounds like most Americans...

You mad.

And the Democrat won. Being linked to sccarryyyy Obama and Pelosi, the Democrat still beat the Conservative.

The only race in the nation last night with a Democrat vs a Republican that is further leaning more and more right elected a Democrat.

Preview of November.
    You are right, this is a preview of November, but your conclusions are wrong. Those dems who won seemed to have run stressing a conservative platform. Also there is this little bit of analysis

WASHINGTON Voters rejected one of President Barack Obama's hand-picked candidates and forced another into a runoff, the latest sign that his political capital is slipping beneath a wave of anti-establishment anger.

Sen. Arlen Specter became the fourth Democrat in seven months to lose a high-profile race despite the president's active involvement, raising doubts about Obama's ability to help fellow Democrats in this November's elections.

The first three candidates fell to Republicans. But Specter's loss Tuesday to Rep. Joe Sestak in Pennsylvania's Democratic senatorial primary cast doubts on Obama's influence and popularity even within his own party and in a battleground state, no less.

Of course, it's possible that Democrats will fare better than expected this fall. And there's only so much that any president can do to help other candidates, especially in a non-presidential election year.

Still, Obama's poor record thus far could hurt his legislative agenda if Democratic lawmakers decide they need some distance from him as they seek re-election in what is shaping up as a pro-Republican year. Conversely, it might embolden Republican lawmakers and candidates who oppose him.

"We're licking our chops at running against President Obama," said Rand Paul, tea party candidate and victor in Kentucky's Republican primary for retiring GOP Sen. Jim Bunning's seat. Paul told CNN on Wednesday he'd relish Obama's campaigning on behalf of Democrat Jack Conway. Obama's agenda, Paul said, is "so far to the left, he's not popular in Kentucky."
    Story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I have no doubt that the democrats are going to lose seats in November, what matters is if they lose enough to clog up the legislation process if the Republicans take majorities.

If this is the pattern to expect, doesn't this mean the Dems will win in November since most seats are "legacy" seats?

That is to say, I was thinking by listening to hours of right wing talk radio that the mood of the country is anti-incumbent or even specifically anti-democrat. This election result doesn't seem to fit into that narrative,
    Regardless of what pundits say, there are many areas where incumbents still have an advantage. Political movements in the United States take years to define themselves and mature. The mood I think we are seeing now is more a distrust of politicians and government in general than it is a specifically anti-Democrat mood.

Most of the people I talk to (and I talk to a lot) seem to see professional politicians, their PACs, and their lack of accountability as the main problem. Republicans are seen as slightly less odious only because there is the potential for ideaological reform in the GOP and there is no potential for reform among the Democrats.

Regardless of what pundits say, there are many areas where incumbents still have an advantage. Political movements in the United States take years to define themselves and mature. The mood I think we are seeing now is more a distrust of politicians and government in general than it is a specifically anti-Democrat mood.

Most of the people I talk to (and I talk to a lot) seem to see professional politicians, their PACs, and their lack of accountability as the main problem. Republicans are seen as slightly less odious only because there is the potential for ideaological reform in the GOP and there is no potential for reform among the Democrats.
    How so?

In the few years the Republicans almost always get every single member to vote along with the party. The Democrats have been the party with more groups represented and with more directions being pulled at once. Even with huge majorities in congress they could not get all in line.

How does this translate to the Republicans being reformable while the Democrats are not reformable?

HOW DARE YOU!:mad: You've got nerve compromising wee wee's narrative with FACTS!!!!11!!!!!

;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.