1. #1 Alabama Secretary Chapman Says Voter Fraud Reports Continue 
    Bet this one won't go far!

flashl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-07-08 05:40 PM
    Original message
    Alabama Secretary Chapman Says Voter Fraud Reports Continue Updated at 6:15 AM

Montgomery Advitiser
    August 5, 2008

Secretary of State Beth Chapman says just two months after the June primary election and 65 business days prior to the November presidential general election, new allegations of voter fraud continue on a weekly basis. More than ten new complaints have come in during the past two weeks alone.

Chapman says that the website, www.stopvoterfraudnow.com, and toll-free number, 1-800-274-VOTE have been instrumental in receiving the allegations.

"Voter Fraud is one big business in Alabama that needs to be shut down," Chapman said. "Dead people can not vote, and those living over the age of 18 who are Alabama citizens and citizens of the United States of America should only vote once” she continued. Chapman says she will do everything within her power to "ensure that fair and honest elections prevail."

Absentee voting and selling votes appear to be the biggest conduits for recent voter fraud allegations.
    This and more in Election Reform, Fraud, & Related News Wednesday 8//6/08
    one problem:
    In May, a local citizens group gathered affidavits detailing several cases in which at least one Democratic county official paid citizens for their votes, or encouraged them to vote multiple times.

No, it won't go far, because they say that voter fraud isn't a problem.....only election fraud-which of course the Republicans excel at-according to them.
    RC (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-07-08 06:10 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Voter fraud is not near the problem as Election Fraud is.
    Voter fraud is a straw man argument.
    flashl (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-07-08 09:38 PM
    Response to Reply #4
    5. Agreed this is the Repugs' tact. Most troubling is the abuse of absentee ballots.
    Edited on Thu Aug-07-08 09:40 PM by flashl
    In some parts of the South, it is known that workers vote absentee under duress. Their employers insist they (employees) bring their ballots to work so that they know how their employees are voting.

The Justice Dept. was present this year in Alabama and parts Mississippi because of their histories of notorious election fraud.

The other counties were widely reported recently in several news stories.
    Sources and proof not necessary if it is an accusation against supposedly conservatives.
    Of course they are downplaying this.
    The charges stem from an investigation by King’s office into absentee voting fraud in Greensboro. The investigation includes the election of Tinker’s ex-husband, state Sen. Bobby Singleton, D-Greensboro, in 2004.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...ATEST/95266457
    They can't admit that there is ample evidence and PROOF of Democrat voter fraud, but no proof-only liberals accusation and speculation-about Republican election fraud.

If I had the slightest suspicion that someone was going to try and keep me from voting, I would make absolutely sure that my registration was correct and I knew where I was to vote and what I needed.

I rarely hear of a DUer that works at the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I rarely hear of a DUer that works .
    Edited for brevity.:D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand