Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 My Wife Is In The Hospital 
    Hey CU, I'm usually not one to talk about personal things on the internet, but I'm really worried right now. My whole family just got hit with a pretty devastating bug. It involved high fevers, and a pretty gross G.I. infection. It was hard to work through because both me and my wife were sick at the same time our three children were sick, so caring for them was very hard. However, my wife is 6 weeks pregnant with our fourth child. She didn't recover with the rest of us, and was admitted into Chandler Regional at about 0300 the morning after last. The doctors at Chandler Regional are top notch and they are doing their best, and they've deduced that the infection has moved into her appendix, and it might need to be removed. However, they are worried about the baby who's heartbeat is under 100 bpm, which is abnormally low. They aren't sure if they can operate without jeopardizing the baby.

I'm not a very religious man. I don't go to Church every Sunday, but I do my best to live my life in the light of Christ's sense of right and wrong. I don't know how someone who isn't a devout Christian is supposed to ask devout Christians for help, but that's what I'm trying to do.

While my wife was being admitted, my best friend, my brother called me. My brother and I don't share a mother or a father, we are best friends, but still non-familial brothers. We shared a house in high school and college. We went into the Corps together, and went to Iraq together, we've been inseparable since we met. We are closer than family. He called and told me that his wife is pregnant. She is also six weeks pregnant with his and her first baby, so our babies will be born within days of each other. I think this is a sign, no less a miracle. My wife and baby only need the strength to get through this, and I'm powerless to help them.

Any time you can spend on a prayer would mean more than I can communicate.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Hey CU, I'm usually not one to talk about personal things on the internet, but I'm really worried right now. My whole family just got hit with a pretty devastating bug. It involved high fevers, and a pretty gross G.I. infection. It was hard to work through because both me and my wife were sick at the same time our three children were sick, so caring for them was very hard. However, my wife is 6 weeks pregnant with our fourth child. She didn't recover with the rest of us, and was admitted into Chandler Regional at about 0300 the morning after last. The doctors at Chandler Regional are top notch and they are doing their best, and they've deduced that the infection has moved into her appendix, and it might need to be removed. However, they are worried about the baby who's heartbeat is under 100 bpm, which is abnormally low. They aren't sure if they can operate without jeopardizing the baby.

I'm not a very religious man. I don't go to Church every Sunday, but I do my best to live my life in the light of Christ's sense of right and wrong. I don't know how someone who isn't a devout Christian is supposed to ask devout Christians for help, but that's what I'm trying to do.

While my wife was being admitted, my best friend, my brother called me. My brother and I don't share a mother or a father, we are best friends, but still non-familial brothers. We shared a house in high school and college. We went into the Corps together, and went to Iraq together, we've been inseparable since we met. We are closer than family. He called and told me that his wife is pregnant. She is also six weeks pregnant with his and her first baby, so our babies will be born within days of each other. I think this is a sign, no less a miracle. My wife and baby only need the strength to get through this, and I'm powerless to help them.

Any time you can spend on a prayer would mean more than I can communicate.
    I'll pray for the best. Ive been in a scary spot before and I feel for you.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I will pray for you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I will pray for you.
    Same here, You do not have to be a devout Christian to ask for God help, Ask and ye shall receive.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 05-19-2010 at 10:19 PM.

**prayers**
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

My prayers are with you.

My wife and I will add your wife and you to our prayer list. I pray regularly with a small group of men and if you'll PM me her name we will all pray for her.
    Last edited by M21; 05-20-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

I pray that God's healing and blessing be upon your wife, your unborn child and your family. May God's peace be upon your heart and may God's love and mercy be upon your wife and child.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sonnabend
    Been there. malloc, more than once. Take it one day at a time, and don't burn yourself out.

Prayers for you, give her my love.

I'll keep your wife in my prayers.