Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 rodent upstages Obama 
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

It's not a rat because it doesn't have a long tail.

It's a mole or a vole.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's not a rat because it doesn't have a long tail.

It's a mole or a vole.
    No, that's the President. He's suppose to be there. They're talking about the little one.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Call me racist but....Michelle's out back farming on the lawn,
    and he's turned the whole White House into a public housing ghetto.
    He's let all kinds of human trash in there, so no surprise that rodents followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Call me racist but....Michelle's out back farming on the lawn,
    and he's turned the whole White House into a public housing ghetto.
    He's let all kinds of human trash in there, so no surprise that rodents followed.
    human trash? ghetto? rodents follow?

yep sounds a bit racist

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

yep sounds a bit racist

Is it racism when it's actually true?

I think not

Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    Is it racism when it's actually true?

I think not
    That's even more racist.

I would say that security for the current administration still has issues with gate crashers.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

yep sounds a bit racist
    Yeah, when we talk about people as "trash", we're usually not referring to white trash. Ghettos are predominantly black. The people who usually have the worst rat problems live next to fields, those people are usually white.

You really need to let all racist shit go. It really gets old. Do you have any other arguments? Homophobia doesn't count.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Affirmative Action policies were instituted as a response to blacks being overrepresented in areas of poverty and underrepresented in areas of economic success.

You may argue that such policies have a detrimental effect, but the problem was around before the policies so they can't be the cause

Cultural issues are surely a factor, but keep in mind that economic situations do a lot to change culture. AA policies and social programs may negatively affect the culture which may in turn contribute to the problem, but again, this does little to explain why the problem exists in the first place.

Sure there have always been poor people, but why are minority ethnic groups drastically overrepresented in the "poor class"?
    The problem that I see with affirmative action is that it is open ended and there were no metrics set up to determine when its goals had been achieved. That is a fundamental error with affirmative action. Since there is no established goal that must be achieved then the goal line becomes fluid and never gets reached because it is constantly being redefined or reinterpreted. Affirmative action is now an expectation of the black community and not a temporary benefit to help the attain equal footing.

I will again fall back on the Asian community as an example of how the black community should do things. The Asians come here, some unable to even speak the language and instead of relying on the government they rely on those who were here before them. They join banks and cooperatives that were establish by leaders in their community and once they get their feet on solid ground they immediately start helping those who are just arriving. Their kids then branch out in to the wider community and become assimilated and "Americanized" but maintain an attachment to their parent's culture.

Many of the Latino communities of legal immigrants are starting to follow this pattern and finding success. If people of color who are newly arrived in America can find a way to achieve cultural success how come people who have been here for a couple hundred years can not, as a group, establish the same kind of success in spite of and racial barriers they may encounter? Perhaps they too easily accept the status quo or buy in to the notion that they can only get ahead if the government does it for them. I think that if this is the case then it is a defeatist attitude and maybe they deserve to wallow in their own mediocrity. When blacks, as a group, learn to despise the government assistance more than they expect it then they will start to live out the equality that they say they want.

This is just my opinion. I could be wrong.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis