Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Replacement Memorial Cross Torn Down 
    Seems like you can get around a Supreme Court decision by simply violating it and the U.S. government will assist you.

A cross similar to the one that was stolen nearly two weeks ago was mysteriously erected in the Mojave National Preserve but quickly removed after authorities said it was illegal.

The replica cross, which was six inches taller than the original one, appeared in the federal park in California on Thursday. Park officials said it was a violation to put up the cross without government authorization.

Since the cross a war memorial was stolen on May 9 or 10, some have offered to replace it. Henry Sandoz, the cross' caretaker for some 20 years, also has a replacement cross tucked away in his barn but was waiting for permission from the federal parks service to place it on top of Sunrise Rock.

The memorial cross has been at the center of a nearly 10-year court battle. A former National Park Service employee who lives in Oregon filed a lawsuit in 2001, claiming the memorial is a religious symbol and violates the Establishment Clause.
    Veterans have insisted that the cross, which was erected by World War I veterans to honor the nation's war dead, is not intended to convey a religious message. Rather, it was simply put up to honor those who sacrificed their lives for the country.

In 2002, Congress passed legislation ordering the park services to transfer the one acre of land upon which the memorial was standing to a private party the Veterans of Foreign Wars in exchange for five acres of donated land.
    Last month, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the memorial could stay standing while a lower court decides whether the land transfer was legal.

Some are outraged that the National Park Service is refusing to allow a replacement cross to stand in the place of the stolen one.
    The story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Ah, the open minded liberals at it again.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

And once again we roll over for the liberals, is anybody mad yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    And once again we roll over for the liberals, is anybody mad yet?
    Everything the do makes me mad.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Everything the do makes me mad.
    I don't know how you feel about this but I'm no very optimistic about this country anymore. Some people think we are gaining ground but to me it seams like every day we lose something else to the liberals, every time we take a step forward they back us up three and we stand back proudly and say that ought to show um.

Put it back up and have a camera on hand. Footage of park rangers getting violent with elderly vets would make for interesting viewing.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I don't know how you feel about this but I'm no very optimistic about this country anymore. Some people think we are gaining ground but to me it seams like every day we lose something else to the liberals, every time we take a step forward they back us up three and we stand back proudly and say that ought to show um.
    I tend to agree with your lack of optimism. I see things getting worse and worse and hardly a person lifting a finger to stop it. Morally we are a nation in free fall and the libs just tell us how nice the breeze is.

C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I tend to agree with your lack of optimism. I see things getting worse and worse and hardly a person lifting a finger to stop it. Morally we are a nation in free fall and the libs just tell us how nice the breeze is.
    I'm at the point of just hoping for heaven and letting country and politics fall where they may. Many of our citizens have earned what will be happening to them due to their political choices, it's a shame that we fall with them!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I'm at the point of just hoping for heaven and letting country and politics fall where they may. Many of our citizens have earned what will be happening to them due to their political choices, it's a shame that we fall with them!
    amen

Yes my friend, I am very familiar with that feeling.

C. S. Lewis