Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Nationalize ALL BP stations, property and refineries until they clean up the mess 
    link

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat May-22-10 06:57 PM
    Original message
    Nationalize ALL BP stations, property and refineries until they clean up the mess

enough of this bullshit telling us what to do. Assholes.
    Tansy_Gold Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat May-22-10 06:59 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. If you nationalize them, they have no assets and no resources

to do anything with.

If you (we) nationalize the company, its assets become ours and so do its responsibilities.
    Oh, oh, someone with common sense...at least with this. If you read the thread...she is accused of siding with BP simply for making this observation.
    aquart Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat May-22-10 07:09 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    6. "Its assets become ours." WHAT A GOOD IDEA.

Entertaining how you believe that's a bad thing.
    I really believe that when leaders want to nationalize something or increase regulations such as how much someone can make that they do so in order to gain power. When flunkies at DU want it, it's due to envy, jealousy and greed and sometimes mixed with laziness.
    Cleita Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat May-22-10 07:15 PM
    Response to Reply #8
    14. We do have a Department of the Interior and I believe this would

fall under their provenance. They would need to hire the contractors who are best suited to fix this. Then afterwards we can worry about who will actually operate those rigs.
    We know how the left defines "best suited to fix this".....a crony or someone connected to the Obama Admin. Anyone who has true experience and expertise but doesn't celebrate and accept homosexuality is instantly deemed incompetent no matter how much expertise they have.

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2010/...e.php#comments

Washington University physics professor Jonathan Katz was one of five top scientists chosen by the Department of Energy and attended meetings in Houston last week.

Though considered a leading scientist, Katz's website postings often touch on social issues. Some of those writings have stirred anger in the past and include postings defending homophobia and questioning the value of racial diversity efforts.
    roamer65 (1000+ posts) Sat May-22-10 07:21 PM
    18. Nationalize the whole oil industry permanently.

Edited on Sat May-22-10 07:47 PM by roamer65
    Other countries have done so and they're just fine.

PEMEX- Mexico
    PDVSA - Venezuela
    Saudi ARAMCO - Saudi Arabia
    Statoil - Norway
    PETROBRAS - Brazil

What other national oil companies am I missing? Help me out folks!
    Kingofalldems Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat May-22-10 07:27 PM
    19. K and R for the teabaggers and freepers to see

Sonnabend
    jmowreader (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat May-22-10 07:14 PM
    13. Property and refineries maybe, stations no

Almost all gas stations are independent dealers who have contracts to buy only BP fuels for sale. Nationalizing all those guys wouldn't hurt BP in the least.

And the problem with nationalizing BP would be, if we did they'd just say "it's your oil spill now so fuck you."

I WOULD, however, support bringing a floating brig down to the Gulf Coast and imprisoning BP's executives on it until the spill was remediated
    ...dont let a little thing called due process, a trial, charges, evidence, a jury or a judge get in the way now....

I see the Moonbats don't a silly little thing like the Bill Of Rights get way when they want to do something Fascist today
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Nationalization, is nothing more that the theft of private property.

How about we nationalize your home, your car and all of your posessions??? Friggin moonbats!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Kingofalldems Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat May-22-10 07:27 PM
    19. K and R for the teabaggers and freepers to see
    Thanks! We love seeing you fools post idiotic stuff. ;)
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    ...dont let a little thing called due process, a trial, charges, evidence, a jury or a judge get in the way now....
    Don't you know? That's reserved for Islamic terrorists!
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Like that will result in any less oil getting spilled into the gulf. That's the bottom line, right now, stopping the spill. Once that thing gets shut off, then we can worry about making BP pay for the clean up, and reimburse the businessmen who lose from this, like fishing boat owners and such.

I don't see how the US government could take over a British company without a whole lot of problems. Plus, the ignorance of the DUers is showing-gas stations are not owned by the company, they are owned by local franchise owners and the owners decide which company to buy their oil and gas from. The gas station owners are far removed from what is happening in the gulf, although around here, plenty probably have connections to Hamas or Hezbollah.

I think that we should nationalize the sponge industry.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I think that we should nationalize the sponge industry.

We did that when we started letting former junkies get SSI for drug-related illnesses.

As someone else said, if we nationalized the oil companies, we'd have to pay $8 for a gallon of gas and if there was a problem, no one would know about it. I've noticed liberals criticizing BP for its "inaction", but it seems the government has no idea what to do either.

I wonder how long until Tansy_Gold gets the Skinner ban hammer.