Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Blows Off Arlington Tradition On Memorial Day. 
    Obama will use Memorial weekend for a trip home to Chicago

By Anne E. Kornblut
    With the long Memorial Day weekend on the horizon, President Obama is finally addressing one of the great broken promises of his administration: his early pledge to return home to Chicago every six weeks or so.

In 16 months at the White House, the Obamas have been back home just once - in February of 2009. But they plan to make the trip over Memorial Day weekend, an official said. After arriving on Thursday night, they will visit with friends and participate in private events.

On Monday, Obama will make remarks at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, south of Chicago - missing the usual tradition of presidents speaking at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day.
    Wa Po

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    He just reveals again his disdain for the military and tradition. Actually, it would be a greater insult for him to speak at Arlington. It's best he stays away.

He probably is going to Chicago to make more deals with the power brokers there

3. #3 Obama to Skip Memorial Day at Arlington Cemetery 
    what a disgrace. a slap in the face of our vets and their families. instead he sends Biden who can't find his ass with both hands. Osama will rue the day !!!!

In a highly unusual move, President Barack Obama is going to skip the traditional Memorial Day event at Arlington National Cemetery to return home to Chicago for the long holiday weekend.

Obama sees it as addressing one of the great broken promises of his administration: his early pledge to return home to Chicago every six weeks or so, according to The Washington Post.

On Monday, Obama will make remarks at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery and miss the usual tradition of presidents speaking at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day.

Instead, Vice President Biden and his wife will appear in Obama's place, laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, as well as holding a breakfast for Gold Star families -- families whose loved ones died in military service -- at the White House earlier that day.
    http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/a...5/25/id/360091
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Well, maybe he got scare the year he saw dead soldiers at a Memorial Day speech.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

He was the first President in 56 years to blow off the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball.
    I would expect nothing more from him than to do the same on Memorial Day.

He is cutting his Chicago gangsta weekend in the old 'hood short though,
    so he can get back in time to throw a big party in OUR house for Paul McCartney.
    Honoring the Englander x-Beatle takes presidence over honoring American heros. :mad:

I always would wonder what my mom meant when she would say "You know you're not a boarder here, you're a member of the family!" (imagine this with a Jamaican accent)

Now I know. From the border to this - - it's like he doesn't really live here.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

He bows and kowtows to foreign leaders, disdains our heroes, stands with Mexico against one of our states, and yet somehow manages to avoid being "the responsible one" in times of crisis and disaster...like the Gulf Coast oil spill. I think it I were ever to run for office, I'd run as a Dim. They can literally do no wrong. :mad:
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

And add to my post up there that he also made that trip overseas before he was even
    elected and refused to stop by even one military hospital to visit our wounded. He is
    a total disgrace to this nation.

he also said our Constitution is flawed

Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

The Abraham Lincoln Cemetery is a military cemetery, where the President is going to speak on Memorial Day.

I don't see how it's a slap in the face of the military, he's just honoring them at a different site than Arlington. Maybe the relatives of the dead buried in the Lincoln Cemetery are happy that their loved ones are being honored by the President this year.