1. #1 Former Detroit Mayor taken into custody at court hearing!!! 
    Kwame Kilpatrick was taken into custody today at a probation review hearing. The judge listed the numerous violations, including further perjury by misrepresenting his family's finances to the court, and sentenced him to a minimum of a year and a half, and a maximum of five years, to be served in the custody of the state Department of Corrections.

www.clickondetroit.com

www.freep.com

The judge told him that his sentence does not absolve him of his financial debt to the city.

Nice.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Another crooked sucker goes to prison. All his assets should be confiscated to pay back the city.

Banned
    Numerous probation violations before he was sent to the klink. I swear, the white man gets away with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Numerous probation violations before he was sent to the klink. I swear, the white man gets away with everything.

Because of the obvious political connections, the judge had to be very sure of his case before throwing the book at him. I think he let some of the other violations go with warnings, knowing deep down that Kwame wasn't going to change his ways, and knowing that the charges would snowball into something in which he could order a sentence that would be appellate-proof. By listing every violation the way he did today, he made the sentence pretty airtight, because it will be reviewed by at least 2 higher courts. Kwame's mother and father still have money and connections, although they are probably tighter with the Clintons than with Obama, since Carolyn Cheeks-Kilpatrick endorsed Hillary in the 2008 primaries (so did Kwame, but at that point, no one wanted his endorsement). I think Carolyn will be out of congress after this election cycle, although the woman who challenged her last time and almost beat her is now in her own scandal involving Sam Riddle, who is an associate of Monica Conyers, and recently was sentenced to federal prison for his role in the same mess that Monica is about to get sentenced for. There are some eager young people out there who would like a shot at a congressional seat, plus, the GOP will get some Grosse Pointer to run in the primaries. The dems in Detroit need to clean house wherever they can. They already started by electing Dave Bing.

I'm still hoping they get evidence against Kwame regarding the death of Tamara Greene, the stripper who allegedly performed a lap dance for Kwame at a party at the mayoral mansion that the AG called "an urban legend" in his investigatory report. The story is that Kwame's wife (not his mistress) walked in on this and beat the woman with a chair leg. This is what led to the perjury case-Kwame put his top cops on the case, then fired the cops when they found out something damaging to the mayor. The cops sued the city, and that's what led to the perjury charges/text message scandal, etc. Kwame and his mistress lied under oath about their relationship.

I knew the judge when he was a prosecutor and I was a delinquency worker-he's one of the good guys. I also met Sam Riddle once, he's a pig.