Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Maricopa County Sheriffs Office: Mayor Gordon, You're ignorant! Shut up! 
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Sonnabend
    I was asked one question about this today. NJC helped me a little and I was asked again, so here it is.

Post the reply for me in public where he can see it.

Please.

True or false: an Aussie or other tourist in Arizona may be stopped , arrested and detained at any time, and they are required to have their passport on them at all times, merely for not having a US accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I was asked one question about this today. NJC helped me a little and I was asked again, so here it is.

Please.

True or false: an Aussie or other tourist in Arizona may be stopped , arrested and detained at any time, and they are required to have their passport on them at all times, merely for not having a US accent.
    FALSE. If you are detained in conjunction with investigation of another 'crime' you can be asked to produce documentation that demonstrates that you are in the country legally. They are not stopping people - and the law is not written to allow it - just to make people produce their papers. That is completely false.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Please.

All of this can be answered simply by reading the law. It's available online. The next time someone asks about this law, just guide them to this site:http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Sonnabend
    Thanking you :D

The Arizona law is actually mild compared to US Immigration law.

The Border Patrol, or Immigration, can stop anyone, any time and check for citizenship or legal residency. No probably cause is needed. Arizona police will need PC in order to check. Naturally the obumble administration isn't mentioning this, and I haven't heard the msm mention that fact either.

Neither have they mentioned that Arizona cops and officers in 24 other states have already been granted permission to enforce all Federal laws. Either they can or they can't. Or is it a case of, just enforce these other laws and forget the illegal aliens?
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Banned
    To stop anyone because they have an accent? Would that not involve some conversation? How would an officer even know if the person driving had an accent or not?

And the rules are, a person who is not a citizen HAS to have his papers on him and must present them at anytime. That there has to be some other reason or probable cause to ask them for their papers is a commonly extended courtesy. And if I was a cop of immigration agent I would really feel insulted that I would be seen as a real idiot. Whether to arrest someone as an illegal immigrant is a judgement call. I am Mexican and Mescalero Apache. I would have on me my license, which because of vile and draconianly sadistic rules in my state demand that I comply with such outdated rules. I have no accent, so the officer could not use that to arrest me. In the course of the interrogation I would make references to my being a veteran, where I grew up, where I went to college. It would be really stupid of the LEO to take me in because I had no birth certificate on me.

I was watching one of those cop shows the other day. Wasn't "Cops", but a close rip-off.

In (moonbat central) Portland, Oregon, they had arrested a drunk WHITE GUY WITH NO DISCERNIBLE ACCENT and they ASKED HIM IF HE WAS A U.S. CITIZEN.

Seems like this is not something local to Phoenix, AZ.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I was watching one of those cop shows the other day. Wasn't "Cops", but a close rip-off.

In (moonbat central) Portland, Oregon, they had arrested a drunk WHITE GUY WITH NO DISCERNIBLE ACCENT and they ASKED HIM IF HE WAS A U.S. CITIZEN.

Seems like this is not something local to Phoenix, AZ.
    That's no big deal in blue states. In border and red states, that would make national news.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That's no big deal in blue states. In border and red states, that would make national news.
    I think they have a racial hatred towards Canucks.

rm -rf obama*