Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If your home is raided by the police, it is SOP across the country to shoot the dogs - first thing. Why is the MP5 nicknamed the hush puppy?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    These people live like savages in rural America, they cant be trusted to take care of themselves so the people in the cities should do it for them. I dont know, tell them its what the bible meant for them to do and wrap it all up in a flag and we shouldn't have too much trouble convincing them its all in their best interests.

As long as they grow the corn and dont revolt I could care less, but I dont know if they're smart enough to even do that anymore.
    You have seen inner city USA haven't you? You know, where the vast majority of the crime in this country occurs? and you want that for our small towns? You're a fucking idiot.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Banned
    The war on drugs even kills family pets now?! :mad:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    The war on drugs even kills family pets now?! :mad:
    Yep, the first step towards the police state was the War on Drugs complemented very nicely by the War on Terror.

There's another case in Maryland wherein an informant claimed some guy was growing large amounts of pot in his backyard (he wasn't), the police came into his house at 3:00 am, and he killed one of them. He's facing murder charges. But, thank God, they did find a few grams of pot, so everything was justified and the children all over America are safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Yep, the first step towards the police state was the War on Drugs complemented very nicely by the War on Terror.

There's another case in Maryland wherein an informant claimed some guy was growing large amounts of pot in his backyard (he wasn't), the police came into his house at 3:00 am, and he killed one of them. He's facing murder charges. But, thank God, they did find a few grams of pot, so everything was justified and the children all over America are safer.
    Actually, the War on Poverty. The rest I agree with.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

This guys lucky he's a mayor. If he were just a peon, most people would be saying things like "there must be more to the story that we aren't hearing" and "the cops just want to get home safely to their families" and "fucking drug dealers, shame they didn't get killed instead of the dogs."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    Actually, the War on Poverty. The rest I agree with.

Agreed, as the War on Poverty served as a pretext for extension of government powers through the financial lever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    We should nationalize small town America and just run them by proxy from the nearest major city to ensure things dont get too bad. Let them live in the lawless tribal fasion they so clearly desire, as long as they produce and dont affect life where the important people live.
    Do you even think about what your saying before you vomit it out?

Your just being controversial aren't you? You can't really believe this?

How about crime? I'd argue gang warfare resembles lawless tribalism much more than any feature of rural America. There was a nasty gang that used homeless people as slaves, chaining them in buildings and having them sell drugs. Yeah.... city life is real progressive when you know that the last vestiges of slavery in America happen there.

Ever read the book "Walden"? Or anything by Rousseau? Few great political theorist has ever written a treatise on how great city life is except Marx...and we all know how great that concept is.
    He didn't even get the Communist concept correct. Remember the revolution was to be carried out in industrialized societies with cities (Germany)...but everywhere it happened in agrarian societies.(China,Vietnam, S.America)

That's why many respectable students of history believe Jefferson is a sage and Hamilton was a fool.

What about cities contributions to environmental damage?
    The list goes on.

These are the type things that weaken your argument and make you our very own Court jester. I've lived in the city and rural. But who am I? I'm just a small town American trying to survive in my lawless tribal fashion.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    These cops should be arrested and charged, and whoever signed such a stupid warrant should be pulled from the bench and disbarred.

More Barney Fife small town hick cops on a power trip and they killed a couple of black labs in the process - all over some pot. Completely idiotic.

By the way, after all the shooting and no-knock warrant and dead dogs, no crime was uncovered and no charges filed. Great job, small town cops! Way to do your job!
    OwlMBA....If you liked that you'll love this article. Have you heard about Rachel Hoffman? Read her story and then read the second link to see what conservative Judge Napolitano thinks.

http://www.alternet.org/story/93082/

Rachel became the bait; the Tallahassee police force went trolling for sharks.

In the weeks preceding Rachel's murder, police told her to remain tight-lipped about their backroom agreement -- and with good reason. The cops' on-the-spot deal with Rachel flagrantly violated Tallahassee Police Department protocol,
    http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...75&pid=9741181

Entrapment is to law enforcement what practice development is to the legal profession. It’s a business builder. ‘Not enough crime to keep us busy,’ or ‘someone we need to get off the street,’ the police might say, ‘Well, let’s stimulate some crime by tossing out a lure or two. Let us create some business.’
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 08-08-2008 at 09:46 AM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    It now appears that the entire raid on Berwyn Heights, Maryland Mayor Cheye Calvo may have been illegal. Last week, police stormed Calvo's home without knocking, shot and killed his two black labs, and questioned him and his mother-in-law at gunpoint over a delivered package of marijuana that police now concede may have been intended for someone else.

The Washington Post reports that the police didn't even bother to get a no-knock warrant, which means the tactics they used were illegal:
    But a review of the warrant indicates that police neither sought nor received permission from Circuit Court Judge Albert W. Northrup to enter without knocking. Northrup found probable cause to suspect that drugs might be in the house and granted police a standard search warrant.
    Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has given the police leeway to disregard the knock-and-announce requirement. In June 2006, the Court ruled in Hudson v. Michigan that evidence seized in raids in which police fail to properly observe the knock-and-announce rule isn't subject to the Exclusionary Rule. Justice Scalia assured us that there's a "new professionalism" taking root in police departments across the country today, rendering the Exclusionary Rule in such cases unnecessary.
    Old Tony has a really well-developed sense of humor. Once he gets done facilitating the police state, perhaps he should consider a career in stand-up comedy.