Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 BREAKING!! President Obama just admitted Peak Oil on national TV 
    Subdivisions (1000+ posts) Thu May-27-10 01:41 PM
    Original message
    BREAKING!! President Obama just admitted Peak Oil on national TV.
    Advertisements [?]
    Edited on Thu May-27-10 01:42 PM by Subdivisions
    It's about damn time! This is a pivotal admission in US history. My concern on this topic has just been vindicated by the President.

Now, it's time to get to work!

More on this from me later.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=8430611

arcane1 (1000+ posts) Thu May-27-10 01:54 PM
    Response to Original message
    18. Sweet! Anyone know what his exact words were?
    For those of us in the cube farms today?
    Subdivisions (1000+ posts) Thu May-27-10 02:05 PM
    Response to Reply #18
    24. As soon as I can find video, I will post it. He DID NOT use the words "Peak Oil". However,
    Edited on Thu May-27-10 02:26 PM by Subdivisions
    those of us who are peak oil aware use his very words spoken today to describe the premise of the current peak of world oil production.

I have myself been researching and observing oil production daily since 2006 as the peak oil community was waiting to see if the May 2005 peak would hold. It was barely broken (after considerable shenanigans to bolster the crude oil production numbers) in July 2008 but we have been on what's known as a "peak plateau" since 2005 that has been trending to the down side by about 1.8% YOY since 2005. Once it begins to decline at a rate faster than 4.5%, there will be no going back.

For those who don't know what Peak Oil is, go here: http;//www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net
    ol' subdivisions is really starting to lose it.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Peak oil posts on DU should eligible for posting to Fail Book. They are just that dumb. :D

This reminds me of "Rove will be indicted in 24 hours!!! Fitzmas! Fitzmas!"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

"peak oil aware"?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

The only person I know who uses the term "peak oil" is also the most paranoid person I have ever known. Before she moved to Chicago, she used to have some really interesting conspiracy theories about Detroit politics, things I could easily shoot down with my own knowlege and professional experience.

She thought that Mike Illitch (owner of Little Caesar's, the Tigers and the Red Wings) was having people killed so he could buy their property. She thought that Dennis Archer, when he was mayor, had a plan to sell all the available real estate in the city to the Japanese.

But she thought Kwame was a good guy, and that all that gossip about the stripper party was nonsense. I told her I'd pit my source of info from the AG's office against her bus driver, any day.

wtf is Peak Oil?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    wtf is Peak Oil?
    I think it has something to do with not having much oil left for the world to survive on.
    Peak oil is the point in time when the maximum rate of global petroleum extraction is reached, after which the rate of production enters terminal decline.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

We have yet to put a dent in the world's oil supply. Peak oil is just another leftist pipe dream like global warming.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    wtf is Peak Oil?

LOL!! DUmmies love the idea of Peak Oil since it would of course, badly affect the US. And if it's bad for the USA, they love it. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    There is no such thing as Peak Oil except in the minds of the idiots who invent crisises to implement more control over the sheeple. We have not even found the majority of the worlds oil and gas reserves. It is just many of the lefts idiotic "sky is falling" scenerios.

Let's see, what extiction level events have come to pass? The population explosion which was going to lead to worldwide starvation? The Global Ice Age during the 70's (which was being brought on by the exact same conditions that Global Warming was)? Acid Rain? Ozone Holes? Global Warming? And always, it is the same fucking people who are behind it. Some of the same fuckers who were all in a panic about Global Cooling are now preaching Global Warming. When are we going to stop listening to these people?