#1 Dennis Hopper dies at 74: Veteran actor loses battle with prostate cancer05-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Hollywood star Dennis Hopper has died at the age of 74 after a long battle with prostate cancer.
The hard-living screen icon died at 8:15 a.m surrounded by family and friends, a close friend of the star's confirmed today.
Hopper looked frail when he made a rare appearance in LA this March at the unveiling of his star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz0pLCHGdLa
05-29-2010, 03:01 PM
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
One of the last great ones.
He once gave a creepy performance in an old Twilight Zone as a neo-Nazi who is mentored by the ghost of Hitler. And Hoosiers was another outstanding performance as a drunkard. I saw him in an interview once where he said that come off as drunk he would spin around and around before the drunk scenes so that he'd be stumbling and dazed when it came time to shoot his scenes when he was to appear drunk.:D
What a character.
05-29-2010, 03:41 PM
One thing I never realized about him is that he was a Hollywood conservative. A rarity indeed. My favorite role is Shooter of course. Victor Drazen in 24 was geat as well. He was great in Speed too. RIP Shooter.Deplorably Proud To Be An American
05-29-2010, 05:22 PM
R.I.P. Dennis...you were one of the good ones.
Now I have to dig out my DVD of "Blue Velvet" and watch it again.
rm -rf obama*
05-29-2010, 06:26 PM
R.I.P Dennis, the world lost a great actor/movie maker.
I remember him best in LAND OF THE DEAD
" Zombies, man; they creep me out"CU's Paranormal Expert.
Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
SonnabendGuest05-29-2010, 06:54 PM
The wit and wisdom of Hopper
- Like all artists I want to cheat death a little and contribute something to the next generation.
- I've been a Republican since Reagan. I voted for Bush and his father. I don't tell a lot of people, because I live in a city where somebody who voted for Bush is really an outcast.
- I should have been dead ten times over. I've thought about that a lot. I believe in miracles. It's an absolute miracle that I'm still around.
- On his 8-day marriage to Michelle Phillips The first seven were pretty good.
- The alcohol was awful. I was a terrible alcoholic. I mean, people used to ask how much drugs I did. I said, 'I only do drugs so I can drink more'. I was doing the coke so I could drink more. I mean, I don't know any other reason. I'd start drinking in the morning. I'd drink all day long.
- I made a picture called Super Mario Bros, and my six-year-old son at the time said, "Dad, I think you're probably a pretty good actor, but why did you play that terrible guy King Koopa in Super Mario Bros?" and I said, "Well Henry, I did that so you could have shoes", and he said, "Dad, I don't need shoes that badly".
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|