1. #1 Please say a prayer for my Aunt. 
    CHARLOTTE COUNTY: An inmate at the Charlotte County Jail was found hanged in his jail cell around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

The inmate was identified as 50-year-old Jeffrey Bruce Brooks of Midway Boulevard, Port Charlotte.

Deputies say Brooks attached a pull-string mesh laundry bag to the top bunk in his cell, put the rope around his neck and sat down. He was found in a sitting position on the floor next to the lower bunk.
    http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12541877

Jeff was my 2nd cousin. My Aunt Lucille had 5 children. One was killed in his late 20's in a car accident. Her only daughter was killed on a sccoter at fifteen when a car ran a stop sign and hit her. Now, Jeff.

Jeff has been in and out of jail ALOT. He seemed to have finally turned his life around. I did notice at the family reuinion weekend before last that he had dropped alot of weight since I saw him last.

He was stopped for driving on a suspended license and jailed. They found a roach in the ash tray and a larger amount of dope on the passenger, but since it was on his person instead of in the vehicle, Jeff was OK there. I think he must have still been on probation and knew he was going back to serve some real time again. Last time he was in jail, he was nearly killed by other inmates.

Either way, just remember his family in your prayers.
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 06-01-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

My prayers go out to your aunt and you and your family.It is sad that your cousin saw things as being so hopeless that taking his own life seemed like a better option than living. I have been there and it is only by the grace of God that I am still here. Peace be with you my friend.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    My prayers go out to your aunt and you and your family.It is sad that your cousin saw things as being so hopeless that taking his own life seemed like a better option than living. I have been there and it is only by the grace of God that I am still here. Peace be with you my friend.
    I don't feel sorry for Jeff. I feel for the ones he leaves behind to pick up the pieces of the incredibly selfish thing he did, especially knowing that his parents have already buried 2 children.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

**Prayers for peace**
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I'm sorry to hear this. Suicide is so difficult for the rest of the family. :(