Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 'Lost' Wednesday! 
    It will be partly cloudy today with temps in the 70s and possible thunder showers in the afternoon. I'm going to nag Mr. Snaps into setting up my chicken grill for kebabs tomorrow.

TOTD: CU has been transported to a large desert island. We will be rescued eventually (so your behavior, good or bad, will come out) but until then, we are on our own. Assume the island is large and has a wide variety of terrain and resources.

Who is doing what and why? Who has mad skilz? Who has previously unknown (or under-appreciated) skills that would be handy? What kind of community projects would get done first?

Keep it fun, inclusive, and family-friendly. ;) :D

Power CUer
    I can cook. What I don't understand is why I'd be traveling with a group of you guys in the first place.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I can cook. What I don't understand is why I'd be traveling with a group of you guys in the first place.
    I figured you'd travel with servants.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    What I don't understand is why I'd be traveling with a group of you guys in the first place.
    Elitist snob! :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

You were probably some kind of a war prize during an epic battle between CU and
    the Martha Stewart Living discussion forums. :p

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    In such a war, my money would be on the Stewartians.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

More like CU and a Living History forum.:eek:
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

In such a war, my money would be on the Stewartians.
    Don't be so quick to dismiss the skills of people who enjoy blowing things up on purpose.

Power CUer
    Don't be so quick to dismiss the skills of people who enjoy blowing things up on purpose.
    And the other side can knit their own trebuchet slings.

And the other side can knit their own trebuchet slings.
    You're just demonstrating why the Stewartians would simply become serfs on the Island. Animal fiber has way too much stretch for that kind of application. You'd want woven goods.