Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Excuse me, the Cards aren't a last place team. They're in 2nd place, although it's aggravating that they blew their lead a while back. It's frustrating being away from St Louis and not suffering along with the rest of the Card fans. :D
    I was talking about the Pirates. Either way, it's football season now.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I was just waiting until the Phils recaptured first place. Took longer than I thought it would.

    Other than the NL West it's the only place where a race is happening.

    The Phils, Braves, Giants and Padres are all jockeying for three playoff spots. Should be a good month of NL baseball.
    Yep. Shaping up to be a really good stretch run.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I was talking about the Pirates. Either way, it's football season now.

    I guess if your baseball team sucks its football season.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I guess if your baseball team sucks its football season.
    My baseball team could have the best record in the league, and I'll switch over to watch football. Football ALWAYS trumps baseball.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    My baseball team could have the best record in the league, and I'll switch over to watch football. Football ALWAYS trumps baseball.
    I guess we all cant chew gum and walk at the same time :p
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I guess we all cant chew gum and walk at the same time :p
    I keep up with baseball. I'll watch a few games here and there. I'll watch most of the playoffs if I'm at home. When football season starts, Thursday night, Saturday afternoon, a couple of hours on Sunday, and Monday nights are off limits to everything else. (Except burying my grandmother this past weekend). I still recorded the Mimai OSU game.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I keep up with baseball. I'll watch a few games here and there. I'll watch most of the playoffs if I'm at home. When football season starts, Thursday night, Saturday afternoon, a couple of hours on Sunday, and Monday nights are off limits to everything else. (Except burying my grandmother this past weekend). I still recorded the Mimai OSU game.

    Sorry to hear about your grandmother :(
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother :(
    It's alright. She had went downhill, and left this world before she really suffered at all.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    I feel bad for your Braves they are going to be facing the best 3 pitchers in the Phills rotation :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I feel bad for your Braves they are going to be facing the best 3 pitchers in the Phills rotation :)
    It's a tight rope walk the rest of the year. The wildcard may not even be a safety net to catch the loser.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •