1. #1 Boycotting BP is for posers. Boycott gasoline. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    :D I swear, the comedy just writes itself...

subsuelo (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-03-10 12:46 PM
    Original message Boycotting BP is for posers. Boycott gasoline.

Aren’t we all part of the destruction?

Without doubt BP deserves to be punished for the environmental catastrophe the company has caused in the Gulf. Unfortunately, however, boycotting BP gas stations simply doesn’t achieve that goal according to experts.

“Retail gasoline sales account for such a tiny part of BP revenues, the impact of even a massive boycott would be negligible,” said Phil Flynn, an energy analyst at Chicago-based PFG Best.

...ultimately, I’m all for a boycott against BP, but a boycott that actually hurts corporate BP, and that just isn’t going to be easy for consumers to achieve. Thus, don’t boycott BP gas stations. Boycott ALL gas stations if you actually want to achieve something. Sure, such a boycott might not hurt BP either, but at least boycotting gasoline makes the world a cleaner and safer place.

Carpool, ride your bike, take public transportation. Do something. Cut your gasoline consumption in half for a week, for a month, for a year. Boycotting BP gas stations is for posers. Be a real activist instead. Commit to reducing oil consumption!

source
    These idiots just keep posting the same tired, stupid, moronic ideas that go NO WHERE!

phantom power (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-03-10 12:50 PM
    Response to Original message

2. I am part of the destruction. Every day.
    :eek: Ban him!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    :D I swear, the comedy just writes itself...

These idiots just keep posting the same tired, stupid, moronic ideas that go NO WHERE!

:eek: Ban him!!!! :D
    I hope one of these days these idiots do organize an effective gasoline boycott. I would love to see gasoline back down to around $2 a gallon, and an effective boycott would mean more supply for me! :D
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!