Thread: I am angry.

1. #1 I am angry. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Aren't they all???

tsuki (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-03-10 10:19 PM
    Original message I am angry. (We're soooo scared!!!)

I am a lifelong gulf coast resident. I live on a barrier island. And I am as guilty as others of not being environmentally sensitive. But in my later years, I have tried to live an environmental conscientious life style. I will not go into how my lifestyle has changed over the last 63 years. I am trying. (Translation: I'm 63 and lying through my gubmint paid for teeth but hey, it's Friday night and I might as well post a DUmp Street Cred Thread like all the other losers.)

Today I came home from work in my small, gas efficient vehicle with 4/40 air conditioning at 2 P.M. I had forgotten that the elementary school was getting out at 2:30 P. M. (He probably drives a Caddy Escalade...)

The line of cars to the school blocked Gilmore Avenue and both the north and south lanes of 395. The majority of these cars were SUVs idling with their air conditioning blasting and the drivers on cell phones. The four school buses, new with seat belts, passed with few student in them. (Was Ray Nagin driving any of them???) Then the SUVs started passing with ONE child in them. ONE child.

We are facing ecological and economic disaster from the oil spill, and little darling cannot ride a bus home.

How can I expect a resident of Idaho or Kansas to understand the ecological disaster if my fellow residents continue to live in a bubble?

I am angry, and I am going to pursue this. (Bullshit. The only thing you're going to "pursue" is replies to this thread.)
    I love DU...I really do. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Live on a barrier island, but try to be ecologically friendly? I bet it costs a hell of a lot more to ship your food out there, electricity and all that other stuff. Dumb ass probably lives in Nebraska.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Live on a barrier island, but try to be ecologically friendly? I bet it costs a hell of a lot more to ship your food out there, electricity and all that other stuff. Dumb ass probably lives in Nebraska.
    No he prolly does. REMEMBER with the eco-fascists and enviro-weenies it's do as I say not as I do. Al Gore being a prime example.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.