Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Mystery Question Of Life: Why Are Jews So Overwhelmingly Liberal? 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,305
    Can someone please answer this for me? Obama has continuously sided against Israel. Helen Thomas is bleating on about telling Jews to go back to Poland and Germany(where they were treated so well at club Auschwitz and other camps). The left wing media is decidedly pro-Palestinian. And yet Jews in this country are as nearly liberal and Democrat as blacks are. Can someone explain this to me?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    the tend towards social liberalism which makes them crawl in bed with the rest of the left wing.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    1. There's a difference between "Jews" and "Israel".

    2. Jewish people in this country tend to be better educated, tend to live in liberal areas (like New England), and have been victims of social discrimination, all of which tend to lead to social liberalism.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    1. There's a difference between "Jews" and "Israel".

    2. Jewish people in this country tend to be better educated, tend to live in liberal areas (like New England), and have been victims of social discrimination, all of which tend to lead to social liberalism.
    Wow, never could see the "liberals are more educated" bullshit coming.

    Actually, Jews in Israel are on par educationally with Jews in the United States you dunderhead. The difference is religious. Jewish people are more conservative the more they practice their religion. Those that dont practice their religion tend to be more liberal. Same goes with any religion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Wow, never could see the "liberals are more educated" bullshit coming.

    Actually, Jews in Israel are on par educationally with Jews in the United States you dunderhead. The difference is religious. Jewish people are more conservative the more they practice their religion. Those that dont practice their religion tend to be more liberal. Same goes with any religion.
    Which means that conservatives actually believe what they profess while liberals are ok with religion as long as it's viewed as a hobby.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Which means that conservatives actually believe what they profess while liberals are ok with religion as long as it's viewed as a hobby.
    And as a tax right off.......
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    when was the last time you saw and orthadox liberal Jew other than Liberman?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Lieberman is the only Orthodox Jew I know of who does not wear a kippa and tzitzit full time and have peyot. So I questio0n how orthodox he truly is.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    1. There's a difference between "Jews" and "Israel".

    2. Jewish people in this country tend to be better educated, tend to live in liberal areas (like New England), and have been victims of social discrimination, all of which tend to lead to social liberalism.
    Well, I guess you could be right. Just like how liberals hate this country, Jewish people can hate Israel.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member warpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    1,445
    They identify with the underdog.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

    "Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •