1. #1 Sydney Opera house puts on world's first musical 'inter-species social gathering' 
    It's a dog's life. Well, it was on Saturday when the forecourt of the Sydney Opera House came alive with the sound of high pitched music and howling dogs at the world's first concert performed for dogs.

The concert was the brain child of acclaimed U.S. music artist Laurie Anderson and rock legend husband Lou Reed.

Anderson wrote the 20-minute piece "Music for Dogs" describing it as "an inter-species social gathering on a scale never seen before in Australia." "It was really so fantastic. All the dogs were really grooving on the music. They really seemed to enjoy themself," Anderson told Reuters. ...
    link

[youtube]uKyzyjfyuPU[/youtube]

I thought this was going to be about furries. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved that it's not.

There are certain passages in a few Patsy Cline and Sarah Brightman vocals that will get Scout going. If he starts, the others will usually join the howling chorus.

Every single day is a inter-species social gathering at my house. This effort sounds like an excuse to bring your dog to the Opera House. They could have just sold cheap hot dogs and played 'Telephone' on the sound system and gotten the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    There are certain passages in a few Patsy Cline and Sarah Brightman vocals that will get Scout going. If he starts, the others will usually join the howling chorus.

Every single day is a inter-species social gathering at my house. This effort sounds like an excuse to bring your dog to the Opera House. They could have just sold cheap hot dogs and played 'Telephone' on the sound system and gotten the same effect.

My cat can't stand music from the stereo, unless it's heavy metal. She particularly likes GNR, for some reason. My dog is indifferent to music and seems to like my singing (she worships me), but my previous dog used to freak out whenever I put Bob Dylan in the stereo-I later found out it was the harmonica she hated, not Dylan's voice.

Banned
    I got outside on my back porch and play for my dogs. I sit on my dad's old rocker, beat my harmonica against my palm and my dogs come running and take a seat. They anxiously await the first few notes and then they join in. It is quite fun and we all enjoy it. I used to do it since back in high school then when I got married my dad used to do it. When my dad passed away three years ago I started doing it again. We replace old dogs that die with pups and they imitate the older dogs and so the tradition gets passed on.