Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Monday: Long ago, in a galaxy far away. We laughed. 
    What was something people got a good laugh out of that most of us haven't thought about in years?

I can't find video of the actual commercial. If someone with better google skills can find it, I'd appreciate it.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

It will be in the high 80s today with possible T-storms this afternoon. It's flash flood time out here and already some tourists have bought the farm while tubing.

TOTD: I'll think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It will be in the high 80s today with possible T-storms this afternoon. It's flash flood time out here and already some tourists have bought the farm while tubing.

TOTD: I'll think about it.
    We're in the midst of a nice rainstorm...Mr. Smith started a new walking program this morning and got caught out in it...next time, he's going to walk in his swim trunks. :D:D

TOTD: I remember Billy Beer, but not the commercial.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    We're in the midst of a nice rainstorm...Mr. Smith started a new walking program this morning and got caught out in it...next time, he's going to walk in his swim trunks. :D:D

TOTD: I remember Billy Beer, but not the commercial.
    This is the line I like. I saw clips of it on I Love the '70's.

Billy Carter: I had this beer brewed just for me. I think it's the best I've ever tasted. And I've tasted a lot.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

TOTD: 'Pinky and the Brain'. For it's time, that had to be the most intelligent show on TV. :)

I remember that when Billy Beer was coming to an end, there was a dance contest and the prizes were awarded as such:

1st place: 1 case of Billy Beer
    2nd place: 2 cases
    3rd place: 3 cases
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    TOTD: 'Pinky and the Brain'. For it's time, that had to be the most intelligent show on TV. :)
    Ren and Stimpy. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Ren and Stimpy. :)
    Bevis and Butthead.

It's sunny and cool, here. It's not supposed to get above 75 degrees. A good day to cut the grass.

TOTD: The City of Detroit is in the process of destroying an old housing project that I pass on my way to the office. There is a way cool metal jungle gym on the grounds-the kind we have deemed too dangerous for our kids by modern standards. It's the dome-type, silver metal with red and blue spots where the metal tubes connect. It also looks fairly rust-free. I spent much of my childhood playing at parks or schools that had similar fixtures.

Remember when parents used make fun of their children who got injured while playing on such things, instead of demanding that all playgrounds be made safer?