1. #1 Dems Skip Town Halls – To Avoid ‘Rage’ 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    From the DNC’s own flagship, the New York Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/us...er=rss&emc=rss

Political Memo – Democrats Skip Town Halls to Avoid Voter Rage

By JEFF ZELENY

June 6, 2010

BEL AIR, Md. — … If the time-honored tradition of the political meeting is not quite dead, it seems to be teetering closer to extinction. Of the 255 Democrats who make up the majority in the House, only a handful held town-hall-style forums as legislators spent last week at home in their districts.

It was no scheduling accident.

With images of overheated, finger-waving crowds still seared into their minds from the discontent of last August, many Democrats heeded the advice of party leaders and tried to avoid unscripted question-and-answer sessions. The recommendations were clear: hold events in controlled settings — a bank or credit union, for example — or tour local businesses or participate in community service projects.

And to reach thousands of constituents at a time, without the worry of being snared in an angry confrontation with voters, more lawmakers are also taking part in a fast-growing trend: the telephone town meeting, where chances are remote that a testy exchange will wind up on YouTube.

For incumbents of both parties facing challenging re-election bids, few things receive more scrutiny than how, when and where they interact with voters. Many members of Congress err on the side of being visible, but not too visible, and make only a few public appearances while they are back in their districts…

An examination of public schedules for dozens of members of Congress last week showed that more House Republicans held open meetings, including several in a series of forums called America Speaking Out, which is intended to help write the party’s agenda if it wins control of Congress in November.

The anger that erupted at meetings last summer — focused, particularly, on the health care legislation — helped draw attention to Tea Party activists. A year later, some of the images are resurfacing once again and will almost certainly be used against lawmakers in television advertisements over the next five months…

-

So much for having a representative government.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

And to reach thousands of constituents at a time, without the worry of being snared in an angry confrontation with voters, more lawmakers are also taking part in a fast-growing trend: the telephone town meeting, where chances are remote that a testy exchange will wind up on YouTube.
    and where they can dump you from the call if you say anything they don't like . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Like the cowards they are.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Banned
    I guess they will skip the debates also. A bunch of damn COWARDS. It's going to be an ass kicking cause voters are mad at these assholes who think they know best.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I guess they will skip the debates also. A bunch of damn COWARDS. It's going to be an ass kicking cause voters are mad at these assholes who think they know best.
    OH COME NOW. Think back to the last presidential debates. What makes you think that the press will be any less solicitous and fawning now?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

A representative government. for the politicians, b(u)y the politicians.

This is too damn funny reading this because about 5pm last night I got a call that came up as "Out Of Area" and when I answered it I got a recording of Tammy Baldwin's voice asking me to stay on the line to participate in a telephone town hall meeting!

I thought seriously about staying on the line and asking her when Guantanimo Bay would be shut down and the torture trials begin. :D Hung up instead.

Im not sure who the bitch represents when shes not here in Wisconsin being a cute lesbian role model but it sure as hell isn't me or my village here.