Hybrid View

1. #1 Today's Primary Elections throughout various states 
    Feel free to chit chat about today's Primary Elections throughout various states. :)

*Former eBay CEO Meg Whitman easily wins the GOP nomination for Governor of CA over Steve Poizner.
    (I'm currently watching the live coverage on FOX right now :D)

*Carly Fiorina has an overwhelming lead over Tom Campbell in the GOP nomination for the US Senate.
    http://www.10news.com/2010_primary/index.html
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    looks like lincoln beat out her democrat primary opponent. That means she has got to face the republican or conservative challenger. I hope she wins the primary so they can throw her out on her butt in the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    looks like lincoln beat out her democrat primary opponent. That means she has got to face the republican or conservative challenger. I hope she wins the primary so they can throw her out on her butt in the election.
    It's official. Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln has won the Democrap nomination. She will face John Boozman in November.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ical-survival/
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Update

This just got in: former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina wins GOP Senate nomination in CA.

Whitman spent $88 mil, $71 mil from her own pocket, supposedly the most expensive campaign in CA history. Fiorina self-financed $5.5 mil.

I hope these two still have money left in the bank going into the general, and if they do, they better be prepared to be accused of attempting to buy the elections.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Whitman spent $88 mil, $71 mil from her own pocket, supposedly the most expensive campaign in CA history. Fiorina self-financed $5.5 mil.

I hope these two still have money left in the bank going into the general, and if they do, they better be prepared to be accused of attempting to buy the elections.
    Whitman is a billionaire. Fiorina is only worth a few hundred million. No doubt the dims will accuse them of everything short of treason, and they might try that - especially if it looks like Fiorina might take out Boxer.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Congratulations to Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina. Both of them have my full 100% support on November 2, 2010.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PC Guy View Post
    Congratulations to Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina. Both of them have my full 100% support on November 2, 2010.
    Same here. As far as buying the election, voters are more interested in jobs and the economy rather than that trivia. BTW, these two women know how to create jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Whitman is a billionaire. Fiorina is only worth a few hundred million. No doubt the dims will accuse them of everything short of treason, and they might try that - especially if it looks like Fiorina might take out Boxer.
    They should be all right. The fact that they are successful businesswomen in a broke state will allow for great comebacks to the "buying the election" claim.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Update
    It's official now. The winner of the Nevada GOP Senate primary is Sharron Angle. I sure hope Nevadans will take down that old bastard Harry Reid by voting for Sharron Angle on November 2.