1. #1 Radiohead: Music Industry To Collapse In Months. 
    June 09, 2010
    Radiohead frontman: Music industry on verge of collapse

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke is warning the music industry is on the brink of collapse, insisting young musicians should resist signing record deals because the major labels will "completely fold" within months.

The British rockers broke away from their longtime label, EMI, in 2007 and went on to embrace the new digital era with the release their seventh album, In Rainbows, which they offered up over the internet and allowed fans to choose the price.

Yorke has now issued a warning to upcoming artists, urging them not to sign traditional record deals because they would be tying themselves to "the sinking ship."

In an interview for a new high school textbook called The Rax Active Citizen Toolkit, which aims to inspire youngsters to become more politically literate, Yorke claims the music industry is on the verge of a major crisis and could collapse completely within "months".

He says, "It will be only a matter of time - months rather than years - before the music business establishment completely folds. (It will be) no great loss to the world."
    Chron

This is why the music industry is so against digital media - they can't control it - and thus cannot squeeze money out of both ends of the market.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    This is why the music industry is so against digital media - they can't control it - and thus cannot squeeze money out of both ends of the market.

I'm still a CD buyer, and they are getting really hard to find, outside of the top 25. Barnes and Noble and FYE are about the only stores with a good selection anymore. CDs used to be the only thing I went to WalMart for, and they've cut back their stock.

All my nieces and my nephew have MP3 players, or Ipods. My 10 year old niece has this player that is the size of an eraser.