Hybrid View

1. #1 Candidates That I Support This Year 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Here is an abbreviated list of political candidates which I am supporting this year (2010), with explanations:

CALIFORNIA: Meg Whitman (R) vs. Jerry Brown (D)
    Preferred Candidate: Jerry Brown (D) (a.k.a. "Governor Moonbeam")

Meg Whitman is a disgrace on any and all of the social issues. She believes that abortion is a "right" and that taxpayers should fund it, regardless of whether or not they believe it is murder, to provide for "equal access" to the crime. Meg is also a strong proponent of gay adoption and gay "rights". I even have doubts that Meg Whitman is a so-called "fiscal conservative".

I'm quite sure "Governor Moonbeam" believes the same things, but the last thing Sacremento needs is yet another liberal RINO in the Governor's mansion! It's best to put in the devil we know than to put in the devil we don't know. Therfore, I say bring back "Governor Moonbeam" for now, so we can get either Tom McClintock or Darrel Issa in the Governor's mansion in 2014.

CALIFORNIA: Carly Fiorina vs Barbara Boxer
    Preferred Candidate: Carly Fiorina (WITH RESERVATION)

I'm very skeptical of Carly Fiorina on the social issues. In all fairness, however, she has the endorsements of the National Right to Life, the California Pro-Life Council and the Susan B. Anthony List. She also claims to support traditional marriage, and I have not yet heard her support gay civil unions/adoption. She does have Senator Rick Santorum's support, and I heard her interview with Rick via YouTube; where she was unapologetically pro-life and conservative on other social issues, as well.

I'm thinking that maybe Fiorina's battle with breast cancer has caused her to see life in a different way. But I can't be 100% sure of that. But let's face it, Carly Fiorina seems like a far better prospect for the US Senate, than that idiot Barbara Boxer. So, for now, I'm supporting Carly Fiorina, WITH RESERVATION.

ARIZONA: John McCain vs. J.D Hayworth
    Preferred Candidate: J.D. Hayworth

I'm really getting sick and tired of John McCain! I know he's pro-life, but that amnesty for illegals BS really drives me up a wall! And NOW, McCain's own wife, Cindy, and his daughter Meghan are BOTH involved in promoting the gay agenda. WTF??

J.D. Hayworth is a REAL conservative, and I think it's time to elect a REAL conservative Senator from Arizona. McCain needs to retire.

SOUTH CAROLINA: Nikki Haley vs. Vincent Sheheen (assuming Haley runoff victory)
    Preferred Candidate: Nikki Haley

Nikki Haley is supported by South Carolina Citizens for Life, and she is also a Tea Party favorite.

Any comments and/or questions are welcome.

(Posted from my Apple iPad WiFi + 3G)

Banned
    I am not a 1 trick pony. Although I despise abortion and the crap the queers are trying to push down our throats, jobs, the economy, smaller government, strong defense and lower taxes dwarf those two issues stated above. There will never be a perfect candidate for me. So, I am gonna go with the one that mirrors most of my politicial philosphy.

Michigan has a governor's race this year. The primaries are in August, and I am probably going to cross over to the GOP for that race, and vote for Rick Snyder. If it's Snyder vs Andy Dillon (D) in November, I'm voting for Snyder.

I like Snyder because he's just far enough away from Detroit to despise the racial politics played by both parties here, and close enough to actually have an emotional attachment to the city. He also has been a successful businessman, and we badly need a governor who has business sense at this point. The second point is my main reason for supporting him, but rising above the black/white, city/suburbanite divide would be good for everyone in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Although I despise abortion and the crap the queers are trying to push down our throats...

An interesting choice of words there, Lacarnut.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)