1. #1 Financial abuses of deadbeat parents 
    For parents who've wrecked their own credit rating, cashing in on junior's clean financial history is increasingly tempting.

Children make easy targets for identity thieves because they don't use their own credit and likely wouldn't notice any discrepancies until they reach adulthood.

And when a parent uses his or her own child, the risk of prosecution is lower because of the family ties. It's not easy to turn in mom and dad, especially if they were simply trying to provide for the family.

"The parent is saying, 'I have to keep the lights on and water running,'" said Adam Levin, co-founder of Identity Theft 911 and CEO of Credit.com. "But unfortunately, they often fall behind on payments and in the end, they've just put their child behind the 8-ball."

If parents have a child's social security number, they can do almost anything -- no matter how young the child is -- because a credit check does not verify a person's age, said Robert Siciliano, CEO of IDTheftSecurity.com.

Here are several ways parents can damage their children's financial reputation before they even finish school:...
    http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/08/pf/p...uses/index.htm

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    That's horrible. And the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. I've heard of stealing dead people's identities, but your kids? That's truly evil.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    That's horrible. And the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. I've heard of stealing dead people's identities, but your kids? That's truly evil.
    I have heard that several times on the Dave Ramsey show. Kids are doing the same thing to their parents, grandparents and other relatives. It is a screwed up world we live in today.