Thread: Clyburn: DeMint Opponent May Be 'Republican Plant'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 Clyburn: DeMint Opponent May Be 'Republican Plant' 
    Super Moderator bijou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,191
    I noted yesterday the unusual story of Alvin Greene, the unemployed, felony-indicted Army vet who managed to win the Democratic nomination in the South Carolina Senate race, despite having not held a single campaign event or spent a single dollar on the race.

    Now House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D., S.C.) is calling for his state to investigate Greene's victory, and suggested that he might be a "Republican plant."

    "There were some real shenanigans going on in the South Carolina primary," Clyburn said during an appearance on the liberal Bill Press radio show. "I don't know if he was a Republican plant; he was someone's plant."

    The third-ranking House Democrat said he found it strange that Greene, a relative unknown prior to Tuesday, was able to produce the money to register and run for Senate despite being unemployed.

    Greene allegedly tried to pay the registation fee in cash, and Clyburn said he wondered whether an outside party might have funded both the fee and Greene's campaign, in violation of federal campaign finance laws. ...
    http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...medium=twitter
     

  2. #2  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,454
    Karl Rove, you magnificent bastard!!! :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,172
    What they fail to address (and for good reason) is that he got something like 60 percent of the vote. It doesn't matter who planted him, the democractic voters chose him over their party's perfered candidate and that is truly embarrassing. This whole plant thing is just a smoke screen to distract from the embarrassment he represents to the democrat party.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
     

  4. #4  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    What they fail to address (and for good reason) is that he got something like 60 percent of the vote. It doesn't matter who planted him, the democractic voters chose him over their party's perfered candidate and that is truly embarrassing. This whole plant thing is just a smoke screen to distract from the embarrassment he represents to the democrat party.
    60% chose him AND he has felony charges pending!! :D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    60% chose him AND he has felony charges pending!! :D
    Don't ya know that a crook/criminal is an acceptable and preferred candidate by Democratic voters.:eek::)
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,172
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    60% chose him AND he has felony charges pending!! :D
    It just cracks me up...

    Actually, now that I think about, there may be some perverse logic at work here. What democrat Senator is in the best position not to screw the country? The one doing 5 to 10 in prison during freshman Senate term.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 06-11-2010 at 06:35 PM.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
     

  7. #7  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It just cracks me up...

    Actually, now that I think about, there may be some perverse logic at work here. What democrat Senator is in the best position not to screw the country? The one doing 5 to 10 in prison during freshman Senate term.
    good point. Of course he stands a snowballs chance in hell of actually winning . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

  8. #8  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Don't ya know that a crook/criminal is an acceptable and preferred candidate by Democratic voters.:eek::)
    Being a criminal demonstrates the necessary lack of ethics that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi expect in their caucus. He's the perfect Democratic candidate. I can just see the media telling us that his crimes don't matter because they don't relate to the office that he's running for, or because he holds the right opinions or some such blather. Has the NY Times or Washington Post endorsed him yet?

    I wonder what he's been charged with. You don't suppose he's a community organizer, too? :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
     

  9. #9  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    I believe it had something to do with propostioning a College student for sex or something along those lines, not entirely sure
     

  10. #10  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I believe it had something to do with propostioning a College student for sex or something along those lines, not entirely sure
    plying a college student with pornographic images.
    Last edited by PoliCon; 06-13-2010 at 11:22 PM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •