Thread: Edwards Admits Sexual Affair

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Edwards Admits Sexual Affair 
    Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

In an ABC NEWS NIGHTLINE interview, Edwards Reveals He Cheated, But Didn't Father Child

By RHONDA SCHWARTZ and BRIAN ROSS
    August 8, 2008

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extramarital affair with a novice filmmaker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

Edwards also denied he was the father of Hunter's baby girl, Frances Quinn, although the one-time Democratic Presidential candidate said he has not taken a paternity test.

Edwards said he knew he was not the father based on timing of the baby's birth on February 27, 2008. He said his affair ended too soon for him to have been the father.

A former campaign aide, Andrew Young, has said he was the father of the child.

Edwards said the affair began during the campaign after she was hired. Hunter traveled with Edwards around the country and to Africa.

Edwards said he told his wife, Elizabeth, and others in his family about the affair in 2006.

Edwards made a point of telling Woodruff that his wife's cancer was in remission when he began the affair with Hunter. Elizabeth Edwards has since been diagnosed with an incurable form of the disease.

When the National Enquirer first reported the alleged Edwards-Hunter affair last October 11, Edwards, his campaign staff and Hunter vociferously denounced the report.

ABC

2. #2 Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate 
    John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extramarital affair with a novice filmmaker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

Edwards also denied he was the father of Hunter's baby girl, Frances Quinn, although the one-time Democratic Presidential candidate said he has not taken a paternity test.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5441195&page=1

Great minds think alike, I see. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    ...and I repeat..if its a lie....if its a fabrication...

..why isnt he filing a lawsuit that he knows he would win?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Because he obviously doesn't need money and even a false story can gain traction if its mentioned enough.
    Quote:
    Because he obviously doesn't need money and even a false story can gain traction if its mentioned enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    ...because its TRUE?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sonnabend
    ...because its TRUE?
    Proof that doesnt come from a tabloid magazine please

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ards#post29128

Eyelids
    I really could not care less about this. The same would go for a Republican, their personal lives are none of my business.

I really could not care less about this. The same would go for a Republican, their personal lives are none of my business.

You cared enough to carry on a whinefest about how it wasn't true...

Hmmmmm...

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    You cared enough to carry on a whinefest about how it wasn't true...

Hmmmmm...
    Well yeah I dont believe everything that comes out of the tabloid press... sorry.

Banned - Not really Theo
    It's pretty sad for the Edwards family. My prayers go up for Jon Edwards and especially Elizabeth. I hate to watch any family under attack regardless of their politics. I pray Jon confesses, repents, and some day is restored.

Banned
    I think Ewards is a lying POS and probably is the father. What he does in his private life does not concern me near a much as him dragging his cancer striken wife thru the Democratic nominating process. That's the part that classifies him as a scumbag in my opinion. I feel for her and her family but I could care less what happens to him.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 08-08-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Well yeah I dont believe everything that comes out of the tabloid press... sorry.
    The Enquirer is seldom wrong on this kind of thing. Now, the horoscopes are entirely different story. :p