Thread: Edwards Admits Sexual Affair

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I would dearly love to see the word "mistake" removed from any reference to a intentional and voluntary act. I have made mistakes - I've misread work communications, tried to grow pumpkins where no pumpkins should grow, and had many well intentioned but absurd creative moments in the kitchen. These are mistakes. I did not know in advance that my actions would cause harm or hilarity.

To conduct an affair is not a mistake. People don't unintentionally find themselves running out the Kama Sutra accidentally. People don't steal public funds unintentionally, they don't drive drunk unintentionally, they don't suddenly take up naked pole dancing unintentionally. Neither are these actions "errors of judgment". People don't think that having an affair could possibly be a good thing for their families but in this particular case it didn't work out right.

We need to get back to simple apologies if apologies are needed: not "I made a mistake" but "I callously thought I could conceal a red hot affair from my family and that it wouldn't impact my marriage. I was wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I would dearly love to see the word "mistake" removed from any reference to a intentional and voluntary act. I have made mistakes - I've misread work communications, tried to grow pumpkins where no pumpkins should grow, and had many well intentioned but absurd creative moments in the kitchen. These are mistakes. I did not know in advance that my actions would cause harm or hilarity.

To conduct an affair is not a mistake. People don't unintentionally find themselves running out the Kama Sutra accidentally. People don't steal public funds unintentionally, they don't drive drunk unintentionally, they don't suddenly take up naked pole dancing unintentionally. Neither are these actions "errors of judgment". People don't think that having an affair could possibly be a good thing for their families but in this particular case it didn't work out right.

We need to get back to simple apologies if apologies are needed: not "I made a mistake" but "I callously thought I could conceal a red hot affair from my family and that it wouldn't impact my marriage. I was wrong."
    But he slipped and fell naked in to her hotel room... 9 or 10 times. It was an accident. Stevie Wonder could see that.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Edwards about Bill Clinton:

I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen.
    Feb 1999

Goldwater
    Politicians are hypocrites, who knew.

I feel bad for his wife, I do not care that he is a liberal or conservative.

Quote:
    Our family has been through a lot. Some caused by nature, some caused by human weakness, and some – most recently – caused by the desire for sensationalism and profit without any regard for the human consequences. None of these has been easy. But we have stood with one another through them all. Although John believes he should stand alone and take the consequences of his action now, when the door closes behind him, he has his family waiting for him.
    Damn the National Equirerer for sending people to physically pick up John Edwards, strip him nekkid and forcibly insert him into his side dish!

Banned - Not really Theo
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

Feb 1999
    Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

To think not only could he have been our VP for the last 4 years, he could have been our VP for the next 4 years (i'm sure Obama had this asshole on his short list).

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    This is almost completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    This is almost completely irrelevant.

OMG you are truly a freaking retard.

I mean seriously... Does the university have people who come in and help you wipe your ass and change your drool cup?

Eyelids
    Clinton lied under oath, Edwards didnt.