Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Tardy Thursday Thread 
    Today is warm and sunny. Nothing weird or exciting happening in the weather.

TOTD: What pet peeve do you have about other people's behavior? Is there something that just make you want to shake someone and scream "What is wrong with you?" I really can't stand the tendency of some people who are habitually late. Those who make a lifestyle of it and it actually becomes a kind of joke to them. Nothing say's "I'm the most important person on the planet" more than someone who never shows up when they say they will. It's like they have no concern what so ever about the time others spend waiting on them. I have a brother who does this. If you want him to meet you for lunch at noon you tell him it's for 11:15 a.m. One day I will snap, throw my pacifist attitude out the window, and seriouly hurt someone. I am 6' 4'' 235 lbs. I am capable of it.:D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Pet peeve : Believe it or not, it's not spelling. :) Cell phones everywhere, whether appropriate or not. People talking on cell phones in the ladies' room, toilets flushing all around, oblivious.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Pet peeve : Believe it or not, it's not spelling. :) Cell phones everywhere, whether appropriate or not. People talking on cell phones in the ladies' room, toilets flushing all around, oblivious.
    That comes in a strong 2nd place for me.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

People who wear clanking thingies all over themselves. This is really on my nerves right now as I have an assistant at work helping me with a project. She's sitting in my office with me at a side table, and every day she wears some type of slide or flip-flop shoes that flap on her heels with every step, she has her metal office key on a ring thingie along with her security access card so that the key flops against the card with every step and then she usually has one some type of bracelt with clanking charms on it. She has those heavy dangly things all over the purse she carries so it clanks with every move. She's up and down a lot while she's working, and up and down the hall from my office to the copier, then from my office to the files outside........it's like a kitchen cabinet full of pots and pans fell off the wall with every step she takes. It's really getting on my nerves big time. I'm going to blow a gasket one of these days and yank all that stuff off her. :mad:

Power CUer
    Ugh! Charm bracelets! Another peeve. I can't stand jewelry that moves or makes noise.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Driving below the speed limit. Most people drive well over the speed limit. It really irritates me though when I come across people driving 55 mph on a 65 mph freeway.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

It's really nice here today-sunny, expected high around 80.

TOTD: Junkies and people with borderline personality disorder. Junkies because they don't care about anything but their fixe, and bpp because they always blame other people for their behavior.

It will be in the high 80s today before totally tanking over the weekend.

TOTD: I wouldn't say that I'm a bundle of suppressed rage over annoying things but I also hate the habitually late and cell phone people. I can't really throw rocks at the noisy jewelry people since I'm a fan of charm bracelets in the summer. :o

One thing that does bother me is the behavior of the Cattle People. The Cattle People are completely unaware that anybody would ever want to pass them on a sidewalk or in a hall. They stare vacantly at cereal in grocery stores while taking up the entire aisle.

If you ask them to get by, they give you a dirty look. If you stand there waiting for two or three neurons to connect so they can move, they also give you a dirty look. It's bizarre and infuriating.

Banned
    Sunny and hot

TOTD: Cell phone users. Them fuckers are everywhere. 10 year old kids have got them. Dumb shits driving in the left lane on the Interstate. City driving is also hazardous. People pulling their grocery cart with one hand in the store and yakking on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You use public restrooms? Gross. :D

Today is calm, sunny & warm. It's already in the 80's at 8 AM.........it will be hot later.

TOTD: I get pissed pretty quickly when I am trying to help a client and they answer the cell and take a call.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 06-10-2010 at 11:06 AM.