This is an interesting exchange.

jonnyblitz (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:45 PM
Response to Original message
14. I agree! It only should be news if it's a republican or somebody
we DUers HATE!!!111
MadHound (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:45 PM
15. Such an affair speaks to a person's character and morals.
I know that's probably viewed as old fashioned and quaint, but nevertheless it is true. And while this affair of Edward's didn't victimize somebody younger and weaker, it did victimize his wife(who is ill) and his family.

My question for you is would you be taking this stance if Edwards was a Republican. Somehow, given the evidence I've seen around here, I doubt that you would.
krabigirl (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 04:06 PM
Original message
if he were Republican, he'd be with another man :)
brazenlyliberal (772 posts) Fri Aug-08-08 04:41 PM
Response to Reply #15
45. My answer for you is the same as I posted above
Yes, if the situation was the same and it involved a Republican, I would feel the same. I elaborated on this above when someone else asked. I can't imagine what evidence you could possibly "have seen around here" that would lead you to doubt that. Please point out posts I've made that show me to be a hypocrite who holds Republicans to a higher standard than Democrats.

I must say I am flummoxed by the logic that says Elizabeth was victimized by this affair, so the right thing to do is to further victimize her by putting her private grief all over the airwaves.
MadHound (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 05:32 PM
Response to Reply #45
49. Really? You would feel the same? Interesting
Because back in February of this year when McCain's lobbyist affair came to light, you were snarking it up right along with the rest of us. You certainly didn't post a diatribe against the media, nope, you were yukking it up too, something about your dog

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3190736>

Sorry, but you're being hypocritical. Good news, you're far from alone around here.
I don't doubt that's true, but I didn't see any comments by brazenlyliberal on that thread.
Evoman (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:53 PM
26. Geez....republicans are caught raping little kids and they get less press.
Two words. PROVE IT. And I mean both assertions.