1. #1 Australian authorities contact missing American teen sailor 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    June 11, 2010 4:21 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Australian authorities on Friday made contact with a 16-year-old American girl who triggered a distress signal while attempting to sail solo around the world.

But it could be a day before a French fishing vessel pulls Abby Sunderland and her boat, Wild Eyes, to shore, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said.

"She's in the boat. The boat's seaworthy. It's not taking on water, and she's equipped for the conditions down there, we believe," said Mick Kinley of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.

Sunderland triggered the distress signal Thursday during rough seas.

"She's been dismasted. The rigging's over the side and in the water," Kinley told reporters Friday.

Lucky kid!!! :)
    May the FORCE be with you!

Sonnabend
    Yup, all good :)

Maybe they should arrest the friggen parents for letting a 16yr old do something this stupid. I mean who really thinks allowing a 16 year old to circumnavigate the world is a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Maybe they should arrest the friggen parents for letting a 16yr old do something this stupid. I mean who really thinks allowing a 16 year old to circumnavigate the world is a good thing?
    I heard on Rush that the son did this at age 17, and if I am not mistaken ,and this could be, the father built the boat she is in. Did anyone else hear this?

Exactly......
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

And before government and laws even existed, 16 year olds were sailing the oceans, starting families, fighting wars, etc...

As long as the drive is there, the training is solid, and the proper equipment was provided then I see no problem.

Whether or not it's a good thing, I see no reason at all that we should "arrest" the parents for allowing this. Hell, she's probably safer sailing around the world then driving any given weekend.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.