Thread: Freedom Friday

1. #1 Freedom Friday 
    Power CUer
    Hot and sunny. What do you expect?

TOTD: I may bounce out of here early today. As long as I have 40 hours in for the week, it doesn't matter when (or to some extent, where) I do them. If I take personal time, I can do it in one-hour increments.

Do you have a job where you have to be in a certain place at a certain time, or can you (within reason) schedule yourself?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

We'll be in the low 70s today with rain in the afternoon (we can always use it).

TOTD: I can make my own schedule. As long as the work gets done on time and under budget it doesn't matter much where or when it happens. I try really hard to actually do work at work instead of doing it from home, though. I did the 24/7 on-call thing for 3 years - never again.

Hot and sunny...

TOTD: I can pretty much sit my schedule as to when and where I work. I work from home many afternoons and I can come in pretty much when I want to. I tend to start work early around 7:00 a.m. or before and I'll work from home late at night when necessary. Since I switched from a regular employee to a consultant I now get paid by the hour and they don't restrict me from working as much as I want. It's not uncommon to put in 60 to 70 hours in an up development cycle. It sure beats salary.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

It's hot, humid and supposed to rain. It looks like it's going to rain, but you never can tell how long it's going to hold off without a doppler radar.

TOTD: I am mostly expected to be at work by 8:30. I'm supposed to report to the office before going in the field, unless I inform my supervisor the day before that I have to be somewhere else in the morning, like court. I actually come in before court, because my office is right around the corner from the court, and I can get a ride from our shuttle van and not have to worry about the scumbags in the project across from the court breaking into my car-it's never happened to me, but it's happened to many of my coworkers.

My office is not really strict about the rule, but I find it is better to just come in first so no one questions about where I am.

Banned
    Hot & muggy in big B.R.

TOTD: The state has a great leave policy and can be taken in 30 min. increments. I retired to take care of my dad after he had a stroke. My brother and I and the sitter provided around the clock care.

I can adjust my schedule anyway I need to as long as I get the work done.