Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Are they frequently right? That isn't necessarily true. All we know for sure is that new evidence may change any portion of the "knowledge," until that evidence is discovered, we have no way to know how much is wrong.
    For the sake of argument, let us assume that scientists are only sometimes right. If you accept that scientists are sometimes right, do you also accept that they might be right about Earth being billions of years old?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

I wonder if CU could go two months without another evolution/creation debate?

I fail to see the point in debating something that neither side can prove and neither side can convert the other.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

God has most certainly been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, to millions upon millions of people. I truly feel sorry for those of you that haven't gotten there, yet. You will, though. God loves you, after all. :)
    Should we assume that astrology is true because millions of people believe in it? Of course not.

The number of people who believe in a god has no bearing whatsoever on whether that god exists or not.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Hawking: God may play dice after all

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=27721
    Hawking does not believe in a creator. Hawking uses the term "god" in much the same way Albert Einstein did... as a metaphor for the Universe and the laws of nature.

In the following talk, Stephen Hawking states that there is nothing bigger or older than the Universe and that the Universe creating itself out of nothing...

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/s..._universe.html

Nice try. I can understand why you want Einstein and Hawking on your side but they aren't.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 08-10-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    I wonder if CU could go two months without another evolution/creation debate?

I fail to see the point in debating something that neither side can prove and neither side can convert the other.
    Some of us like to fight.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Some of us like to fight.
    Apparently!

By the way, using Hawking and Einstein is not usually a good idea. Even they admit that 90% of their theories have been disproven (often by themselves).

The best scientists are the ones that disprove their own theories.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Banned
    Scientists think that cave paintings and stone tools are this old. Scientists are quite frequently wrong.
    You are right... scientists are frequently wrong... hmm

What can we do to solve this problem? I've got it! You know what would be great?

If there were actually some sort of methodology... some process to weed out mistakes and refine scientific observations, and the theories that explain them... ensuring that as time goes on, our explanations get better and increase with precision. A way that helps us systematically, methodically perceive falsehoods so that we can discard them until only true possibilities remain. Why I think such a thing would be one of the greatest achievements of mankind to date?

If only.... hmmm.

Scratch that, lets just institutionalize our mistakes and call it religion. The other idea sounds like a whole lot of work.

Banned
    Moses wrote what God told him to write. Seriously, people who think otherwise have to consider what Genesis actually says. As if some man, who was raised to believe the sun was a god, would turn around and write that light appeared before the sun and stars... Inspired may not mean "dictation," it often means putting into written words the events God has shown that person.
    So then Genesis isnt a firsthand eye witness account?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Science is much trumpeted and in reality it simply attempts to trace the works of GOD and creates nothing on its own.To deny the very existence of the one who's work they attempt to follow strikes me as being foolish given GOD'S creation is already in place.
    Many scientists would probably agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Apparently!

By the way, using Hawking and Einstein is not usually a good idea. Even they admit that 90% of their theories have been disproven (often by themselves).

The best scientists are the ones that disprove their own theories.
    I'm not "using" Hawking or Einstein. I'm refuting Megi's suggestion that Hawking and Einstein are examples of theists.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas