Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Or at least tell us why it even remotely matters. There's never going to be a time when California is not pro-choice.
    Because OBVIOUSLY if meg Whitman wins EVERY woman in America will be FORCED to have an abortion.

Duh!

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Listen, you are quickly becoming a tool. I could just as well google "Bush and 9/11" and come up with all sorts of fucking crazy websites. I wont do your work for you.

I asked you for proof of your claims. You refused to post any legit news links actually QUOTING her.

Now, I will ask you one more time because I am such a swell fucking guy. I want to see your sources of information that you are getting your so called information from.
    Don't hold your breath Mau. This pinhead has been, as they say at DU, a "Concern Troll" for his whole life span here. He/She/Whattheeffever posts some hugely unflattering or infamatory remark, or story about conservatives and republicans and then tells everybody how "Concerned" He/She/whatever ia about it and how we should ALL be. Not because they give a shit but because they just want the negative message out.

This is either some jackass Lib playing games or one of those idiots that thinks the system is so broken that if they Juuuuuust manage to somehow get all the republicans replaced by Libs it would accelerate the decline and then THEY could spring into action out of the ashes and rebuild. Ya'know, after those pesky "republicans" have been put out of the way. Or else they are a total fucking moron in which case they are on a mentation level with either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    This is either some jackass Lib playing games or one of those idiots that thinks the system is so broken that if they Juuuuuust manage to somehow get all the republicans replaced by Libs it would accelerate the decline and then THEY could spring into action out of the ashes and rebuild. Ya'know, after those pesky "republicans" have been put out of the way. Or else they are a total fucking moron in which case they are on a mentation level with either of those.
    I'd say he's some jackass Lib that's a total fucking moron. It's the only explanation I can think of for someone who is hoping that Moonbeam Brown is inflicted upon the citizens of the state of California again, especially after the job he did the first time he was govenor.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Since her views are not much different than Brown's it doesn't matter if people vote for her or not.
    But are her views similar to Brown's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Of course you have proof of these claims, dont you? You know, like links to her quotes on these issues?
    He doesn't. I don't care for RINOs either, but we're talking California here, and it's not like they're going to elect another Reagan. You take what you can get. BTW, Whitman's positions don't seem that radical. From the Wikipedia article on her positions:

Tax reform
    Whitman has pledged not to raise taxes and signed the Americans for Tax Reform's "No New Taxes Pledge" on the day she announced her candidacy for governor. She also proposes lowering business taxes[36] and abolishing the state capital gains tax in order to make California a more business-friendly environment, stating that California is losing jobs not to other countries but to neighboring states with lower tax rates, such as Nevada, Arizona and Oregon[citation needed].

[edit] Environment
    She said that if elected, on her first day[37] she would suspend AB 32, the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, to study its potential economic implications.[38] At the state GOP Convention in March 2010, Whitman described California Republican Governor Schwarzenegger's climate change bill as a "job-killer."[39] On water issues, Whitman has opposed a federal judge's ruling and supports turning on water for thousands of Central Valley farmers.[40]

[edit] Same-sex marriage and abortion
    Whitman supported California's Proposition 8 in 2008, which reversed In re Marriage Cases. Whitman believes that the same-sex marriages that took place before the ban should be recognized, and that gay and lesbian couples should be permitted to adopt children.[41] Whitman is a supporter of civil unions.[41] She voted in favor of California Proposition 4, an initiative that requires minors to notify a parent prior to requesting an abortion, except in certain cases.[
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    But are her views similar to Brown's?

He doesn't. I don't care for RINOs either, but we're talking California here, and it's not like they're going to elect another Reagan. You take what you can get. BTW, Whitman's positions don't seem that radical. From the Wikipedia article on her positions:
    Lets not forget that when Reagan was governor of California he was also pro-abortion.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Lets not forget that when Reagan was governor of California he was also pro-abortion.
    Were you even born then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Were you even born then?
    no actually - but that does not mean I can't know history.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    That is NOT true. Reagan signed a law as Governor that would permit abortion in cases of rape & incest, prior to that abomination known as Roe vs. Wade. He was NEVER pro-abortion like Meg Whitman or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Reagan was also the ONLY president to pen a book, while in office, called "Abortion & the Conscience of the Nation" criticizing the horrific practice. Here's the front cover:

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    That is NOT true. Reagan signed a law as Governor that would permit abortion in cases of rape & incest, prior to that abomination known as Roe vs. Wade. He was NEVER pro-abortion like Meg Whitman or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Reagan was also the ONLY president to pen a book, while in office, called "Abortion & the Conscience of the Nation" criticizing the horrific practice. Here's the front cover:

Good info Mikey. How did you get this reputation I'm sensing from long time posters here?