Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Get your new toy yet????:D

Yes i did. OMG I love this car! :)

But it has an electronic speed governor that kicks in at 155 MPH. :mad:

The previous owner had one of those obnoxious taco dogs and its claws scratched the center console a bit but other that that it really looks like it just rolled off the assembly line in Bremen. Only 37k miles and thats not even broke in for a Mercedes.

Im a bit red from driving it with the top down most of the day too, lol.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    "Union Motors"?

Democrat.

:D
    Nawww. Owned and ran by a very capitalistic asian family. Very nice respectful people. The sales rep kept pushing the finance guy and I ended up getting it financed at 5.95%.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    Yes i did. OMG I love this car! :)

The previous owner had one of those obnoxious taco dogs and its claws scratched the center console a bit but other that that it really looks like it just rolled off the assembly line in Bremen. Only 37k miles and thats not even broke in for a Mercedes.

Im a bit red from driving it with the top down most of the day too, lol.
    :eek: Nothing past 155???? Poor baby...

We need more pics!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Beautiful car, DH. I'm jealous. :D Not really, happy for you. I need a vehicle with room for 3 greyhounds, so no cool little sports cars for me.

BTW, have to find those stats on car dependability. Saw the Hummer came in dead last. SR won't believe me, but I wouldn't make that kind of stuff up. :p
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Beautiful car, DH. I'm jealous. :D Not really, happy for you. I need a vehicle with room for 3 greyhounds, so no cool little sports cars for me.

BTW, have to find those stats on car dependability. Saw the Hummer came in dead last. SR won't believe me, but I wouldn't make that kind of stuff up. :p
    One of my clients is a car sales company that has Chevy, Cadillac and Hummer dealerships all in the same complex. I was doing some network stuff for their Cadillac lot and when I looked at their Hummer lot across the street something looked odd....it was all used cars. Maybe a half dozen Hummers on the entire lot, and this was a Taj Mahal of a car lot when built 3 years ago, and the rest was all used cars of many makes.

When I asked the sales rep just sighed. Yes it is that bad for the big trucks and SUV's here. With this slight dip in gas prices theres talk of a rebound. But that would really surprise me unless we did some serious new exploration and drilling in domestic markets.

But in the mean time prices on sports and luxury cars are still soft enuff for guys like me to take advantage of and get killer prices.

Keep in mind these pics were taken at almost 11 PM PST.

You can even see my messy garage and the neighbors lawn that needs to be edged.

These pics dont really do it justice. This is a beautiful car.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    Most EU made cars have that. It's easy enough to get rid of it ... my 911 really can do 170. It's just a 2 minute ECU job for an indie shop. You might have to tell your insurance company you've had it done.

Congrats on the new car.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Most EU made cars have that. It's easy enough to get rid of it ... my 911 really can do 170. It's just a 2 minute ECU job for an indie shop. You might have to tell your insurance company you've had it done.

Congrats on the new car.
    Theres a very highly recommended german auto haus here locally I will talk to about that. As far as notifying my insurance company...I dont think so. I imagine they would take a dim view of that. My corvette had no speed governor on it (they do have rev limiters though) and even after 5 years I never topped it out. My nerve always gave out before its legs did, lol. :o

Good to see you again HB, its been a long time.

Banned
    Good looking car; looks like you found a diamond in the rough with so few miles and in great condition. BTW, 155mph is fast enough. I have hit that a couple of times in my 350Z but only for short bursts. Don't want to wind up in jail with a revoked lic.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Good looking car; looks like you found a diamond in the rough with so few miles and in great condition. BTW, 155mph is fast enough. I have hit that a couple of times in my 350Z but only for short bursts. Don't want to wind up in jail with a revoked lic.
    lacarnut, you're right, totally.

150mph is about the speed where the sphincter (that's the a-hole to any of you linguistically challenged folk) starts to pucker on any normally sentient being. Things start to go backwards really quickly, way before that speed.

Around 90mph on a good road, I start to worry about cops.

Around 120mph, I start to think about what it would look like if I met someone doing the same speed coming the other way.

Around 135mph, the car starts sounding really, really good.

Around 140mph, after a while, I get tunnel vision, and pain from holding the steering wheel too tight.

Around 150 -ish, I realise I really, really should not be doing this, and slow down to around 120 or so. 120 is a fine speed for old farts like me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo
    Good to see you again HB, its been a long time.
    DH, it's good to see you too. You will have a lot of fun in your new car. It's a beaut.
    Last edited by hampshirebrit; 08-10-2008 at 02:28 PM.