Thread: NYT: Should this be the last generation?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    I don't have a problem with condoms etc, because those actualy can prevent pregnancy, without risk of a spontaneous abortion. I'm not saying its all bad, but ONE of the functions of the pill, is basicly an IUD. yes it does prevent pregnancy, but sometimes conception occurs, and when it does, the baby is killed because it cannot implant.

lol at least I had a source for my information
    so did I

Condoms aren't 100% foolproof and you're more likely to get someone pregnant than the pill. the chances that a woman ovaries will release an egg is small, then for it to get fertilized is even smaller. There are many cases of women getting pregnant while on the pill but it happens rarely

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    so did I
    I was talking to madisonian, who basically said i was just being an ignorant teenager

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Condoms aren't 100% foolproof and you're more likely to get someone pregnant than the pill. the chances that a woman ovaries will release an egg is small, then for it to get fertilized is even smaller. There are many cases of women getting pregnant while on the pill but it happens rarely
    as I said before, isn't it worth it to save even one life? a birth control caused miscarriage is what caused the duggars to stop using birth control.

A wise man named Theodore Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, once said, "A person's a person no matter how small"

The afterlife isn't just female virgins. Here is how the boys are described:

(QURAN 52:24): "And there will go round boy-servants of theirs, to serve them as if they were preserved pearls."

(QURAN 56:17): "They will be served by immortal boys."

(QURAN 76:19): "And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls."

In addition, there is a great deal of discussion of this in the Hadiths and Post-Islamic Arab poetry. For example, in one of the Hadiths, Bukhari's Authentic Traditions, Book LXII (Marriage), Chapter 25:

As for whom(ever) plays with a boy: if he caused him to enter him, then he shall not marry his mother.

Another example, from the poem 'Perfumed Garden', by Abu Nuwas:

O the joy of sodomy!
    So now be sodomites, you Arabs.
    Turn not away from it--
    therein is wondrous pleasure.
    Take some coy lad with kiss-curls
    twisting on his temple
    and ride as he stands like some gazelle
    standing to her mate.
    A lad whom all can see girt with sword
    and belt not like your whore who has
    to go veiled.
    Make for smooth-faced boys and do your
    very best to mount them, for women are
    the mounts of the devils

Now don't go converting based on that. There are also a number of prohibitions, and the jurisprudence is complex. Also, the Arabs are more screwed up sexually than any other people on the planet, and they're as likely to hang a gay as to seduce him.
    "We also sent Lut : He said to his people : "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." Qur'an 7:80-81

"What! Of all creatures do ye come unto the males, and leave the wives your Lord created for you? Nay, but ye are forward folk." Qur'an 26:165

None of your canonical quotes actually refer to having sex with other men
    Last edited by jnkbortka; 04-14-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The afterlife isn't just female virgins. Here is how the boys are described:

(QURAN 52:24): "And there will go round boy-servants of theirs, to serve them as if they were preserved pearls."

(QURAN 56:17): "They will be served by immortal boys."

(QURAN 76:19): "And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls."[/INDENT]
    lol!

Go read the actual passages instead of relying on that crackpot website. Those passages have nothing to do with sex.

Islam is evil, you don't have to try to make it evil in some useful way. That makes you a liar, even if Islam is evil.