Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Reminiscing the past 
    Time to time, I miss the 1990's. As a kid growing up I enjoyed watching shows like Home Improvement.:D Unfortunately, they don't make shows these days like they used to. Well, there is a place called youtube if I ever want to watch old shows from the 1990's.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t1it...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4qcbmiNmBM
    Last edited by PC Guy; 06-16-2010 at 07:30 AM.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Power CUer
    I think it's adorable that you consider the 1990s "the good old days". :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think it's adorable that you consider the 1990s "the good old days". :p
    :D I almost forgot, it's not just the tv shows. I also reminisce the games and toys I used to play with, like the following for example :D

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Power CUer
    Since I grew up in the days of hula hoops, slinkies, and Etch-a-Sketch, I don't even know what those are, in that picture.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Since I grew up in the days of hula hoops, slinkies, and Etch-a-Sketch, I don't even know what those are, in that picture.
    The picture I posted are "pogs," a game that was really popular back in the 90's.

Rules may vary among players, but the game variants generally have common gameplay features. Each player has their own collection of Pogs and a slammer (a heavier game piece). Before the game, players decide whether to play 'for keeps', or not. 'For keeps' implies that the players keep the POGs that they win and forfeit those that have been won by other players. The game can then begin as follows:

1) The players each contribute an equal number of pogs to build a stack with the pieces facing down, which will be used during the game.
    2) The players take turns throwing their slammer down onto the top of the stack, causing it to spring up and the pogs to scatter. Each player keeps any pogs that land 'face up' after their throw.
    3) After each throw, the pogs which have landed 'face down' are then re-stacked for the next player.
    4) When no pogs remain in the stack, the player with the most pogs is the 'winner'.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs

Power CUer
    OK. So it's just an updated version of tiddlywinks.

Oh yeah. I forgot about these little critters.:D

Tamagotchi: a handheld digital pet. Just like a real pet, owner has to discipline it, feed it, clean up their bathroom mess, give medicine when it's sick, and play with it.
    Last edited by PC Guy; 06-16-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Guy View Post
    Oh yeah. I forgot about these little critters.:D

Tamagotchi: a handheld digital pet. Just like a real pet, owner has to discipline it, feed it, clean up their bathroom mess, give medicine when it's sick, and play with it.
    LOL! I had one of those. "Had" being the operative word.

Pogs? Digital Pets? Dude, you are now offically the biggest dork on this board.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

When it comes to TV shows, for a while there NBC had it all. Cosby Show, Cheers, Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier. I still watch Cheers when I can(WGN only station that I see carrying it). But I grew up in the 70's and those days were better by far. Toys back then were created to get and keep you outside. Big Wheels(as a real little kid), Frisbee, Nerf, Whiffle Ball, Tonka...all toys meant to be played with outside. Not to mention that we used to play street football, sandlot baseball, street hockey, kick the can, etc. We spent literally all day outside. Especially on Saturdays. Once the cartoons were over, it was outside until dark.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.