Thread: Favre is back?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Favre is back? 
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Whatta ya think? Is he? Should he?

I have always been a Favre fan (not a Packers fan) but he should stay retired. Talk about a media circus that would be, not to mention how Aaron Rodgers, the new starting QB, would feel if the Pack DID take him back...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Banned
    He is not coming back. You could see it in his face at the end of the last playoff game. It's no fun playing in the bitter cold and his old bones can not handle it.

This guy's like a bad penny.

Fade away Favre. Please.
    Be Not Afraid.

I always laugh at how Favre is said to be "so old". Is he even 40 yet? But in sports terms, I understand how 40 is old.

I think he should enjoy his retirement. Jordan came back one too many times and we all remember how that turned out. Just enjoy your time off Brett, you've earned it. Superbowl ring to boot....just let it go already.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

He won't come back. Last I read on Packers.com, they won't release him. If he returns to Green Bay, he'll be the backup quarterback until his contract is up - 3 years and $39 million worth of contract. On the other hand, that isn't bad money to watch a game.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    He won't come back. Last I read on Packers.com, they won't release him. If he returns to Green Bay, he'll be the backup quarterback until his contract is up - 3 years and $39 million worth of contract. On the other hand, that isn't bad money to watch a game.
    Yeah, I saw that too yesterday on ESPN....I dunno, I think it is kinda shitty that the Packers won't release him (although from a business standpoint it apparently is SOP) because if he'd never wanted to come back it wouldn't be an issue. They--Packers team officials--do not want to bring him back as the starting QB, then just LET HIM GO. I can see this dragging on...and really, the guy is a Hall of Famer. Let him go play elsewhere if he really wants to. I doubt he will "degrade" himself in a trade deal.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Yeah, I saw that too yesterday on ESPN....I dunno, I think it is kinda shitty that the Packers won't release him (although from a business standpoint it apparently is SOP) because if he'd never wanted to come back it wouldn't be an issue. They--Packers team officials--do not want to bring him back as the starting QB, then just LET HIM GO. I can see this dragging on...and really, the guy is a Hall of Famer. Let him go play elsewhere if he really wants to. I doubt he will "degrade" himself in a trade deal.
    I agree.

The man has played his entire career with the Packers and they will never start him again. Let the man try with another team. They owe it to him for putting Green Bay back on the map.

Hes pulling a Michael Jordan 'retirement'

Though I heard hes lookin' at Tampa Bay :D
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I don't think he has it in him. But who knows?

I'd kinda like to see him make it. I like the guy. I just don't see it happening.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

He's a perfect example of how a player doesn't care nearly as much as a fan does.

He doesn't seem to mind the idea of playing for a division rival. The Packers don't want him playing for the Vikings or the Bears.

He needs to go away. He's a joke at this point. This is about the 5th or 6th year of this stuff.
    Last edited by Space Gravy; 07-28-2008 at 08:53 PM.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ