View Poll Results: Would you vote for Mike Huckabee over Obama for President? (See initial post)

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: I would vote for Mike Huckabee in 2012

31 79.49%
  • NO: Mike Huckabee is not 'fiscally conservative' enough

8 20.51%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Right now, I believe the GOP is committed to Romney as their candidate. If that holds true, I believe the 9-12 Project and the Tea Party will kill his chances. The GOP had better realize this and put forth a REAL Conservative. May I suggest a candidate that would make Ronald Reagan look like a liberal?
    who you got in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Right-Wing Conspirator View Post
    who you got in mind?
    Hasn't surfaced yet. Maybe a Jindal?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Hasn't surfaced yet. Maybe a Jindal?
    Can't see Jindal, he's mucked up his chances after the SOTUS speech and people are mocking him for his seeming back and forth on the role of the Federal Government.

Honestly, I think Mitch Daniels would be one of the better Candidates out there.

And Mike, I voted no due to the fact that the Huckster is a fraud. I'd vote 3rd party before either one. Hanniety might back his liberal ass, but I wont, and neither will enough people to get him the nomination, let alone the Presidency.
    Last edited by fettpett; 06-22-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better. Why would you be shocked at the outcome of most people saying they'd vote for Huck over Obama given those were the ONLY two choices we had.
    There's always Libertarians. There's never just two choices... it's like when someone says "my ONLY choices are living with my parents and being on welfare" when in reality there's also getting a job.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Honestly, I think Mitch Daniels would be one of the better Candidates out there.
    Daniels is top notch. Turning a 600 million deficit into a 300 million surplus in one year? That's damn impressive.

The GOP has impressive candidates, there's no doubting that. What I can't figure out is why the hell they keep listening to idiots like Chris Buckley and the Dunce Davids (Brooks and Frum) or CC Goldwater or any of the rest of these phony moderate moonbat "Republicans". Most of the members of the Republican party were old enough to vote when Reagan gave his CPAC speach in 1975 and said:

"Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?"

A GOP candidate who can articulate the common sense of Conservatism like Reagan will steam roll over Obama without even touching the accelerator.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    There's always Libertarians. There's never just two choices... it's like when someone says "my ONLY choices are living with my parents and being on welfare" when in reality there's also getting a job.
    There is a 4th choice and that is staying home and not voting. Voting Libertarian or staying home is not an option for me. Neither one has a chance to win. I will vote for the Repub over Obama. It is a pure and simple choice which one will be better for me and the country economically/militarily and socially. Getting Obama out of the WH is imperative.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Daniels is top notch. Turning a 600 million deficit into a 300 million surplus in one year? That's damn impressive.

The GOP has impressive candidates, there's no doubting that. What I can't figure out is why the hell they keep listening to idiots like Chris Buckley and the Dunce Davids (Brooks and Frum) or CC Goldwater or any of the rest of these phony moderate moonbat "Republicans". Most of the members of the Republican party were old enough to vote when Reagan gave his CPAC speach in 1975 and said:

"Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?"

A GOP candidate who can articulate the common sense of Conservatism like Reagan will steam roll over Obama without even touching the accelerator.
    yeah, and he had a 1.3 billion dollar surplus before the economy started to tank. has 60-70% approval ratings. They can attack him on a couple things from his days in the Bush and Regan administrations, and maybe his divorce/remarriage to his wife, but other than that, there isn't much else.

Also, what pisses me off is all these talking heads that aren't thinking outside of the box. It's almost like the Dems back between 1896-1918 that put up William Jennings Bryant thinking he could win each time when get got his butt kicked all 3 times. We keep putting dipshits like Romney or Newt up then we'll be guaranteed to lose
    Last edited by fettpett; 06-22-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I will vote for the Repub over Obama. It is a pure and simple choice which one will be better for me and the country economically/militarily and socially. Getting Obama out of the WH is imperative.
    That's pretty much what it comes down to. A GOOD candidate would be a bonus.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Also, what pisses me off is all these talking heads that aren't thinking outside of the box.
    And it's not hard to do, that's what's so frustrating! Reagan articulated the same message that was understood by Barry Goldwater; that ours is the logic of great men like Burke, De Tocqueville, Madison, Jefferson, Washington and so many others.

I'm convinced they want the party to fail. There's no other explaination for it. Every single time Republicans move to the right and stand on the shoulders of principled, real conservatism, they win landslides. Look at '80, '84, '94. Every time they try to build a "bigger tent", they blow it and hand the Dems an undeserved victory.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Looking at all of these responses makes me realize that the most important thing we can do is NOT allow the media to choose our candidate for us like it did in '08. McLame was a disaster, and ran like he had no interest in winning.

Pay attention to the other side, they'll tell you who they fear. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not coming out and actively endorsing Sarah Palin...but when Romney, or Huckabee, or Pawlenty, or Gingrich...et al...is mentioned they simply yawn. Mention Palin and they go into convulsions, each one trying to outscream the other as to what a (fill in your own adjective) she is. Ever stop to think why that is? It's simple...she scares the SHIT out of the left because she connects with the common person and is probably the closest thing we currently have on the national stage to a Reagan conservative.

Also, don't pay attention to these douchewaffles in the media when they tell you that there is no front runner amongst GOP candidates, nobody who really stands out. Who the hell was Obama a year out from the '08 election? All we were told from about the middle of '06 was that the Hildabeast was inevitable. Anything can happen.