1. #1 Times Square Bomber Pleads Guilty 
    Posted: Tuesday, 22 June 2010 7:05AM

Times Square Bomber Pleads Guilty

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A Pakistani-born American citizen defiantly pleaded guilty on Monday to attempting to set off a car bomb in New York's Times Square, saying that Islamist extremists would continue to attack the United States.

Faisal Shahzad, 30, admitted traveling to Pakistan to receive bomb-making training from the Pakistani Taliban, called Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, and receiving $12,000 from the group to carry out the failed plot on May 1.

Shahzad, who has a wife and two children living in Pakistan, pleaded guilty to 10 charges, including attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and attempted terrorism transcending national borders. He faces mandatory life in prison.

"I'm going to plead guilty 100 times over," Shahzad told the court. Until the United States stops drone aircraft attacks and the occupation of "Muslim lands," Shahzad said "we will be attacking the United States and I plead guilty to that."

"One has to understand where I'm coming from," Shahzad said in a long speech frequently interrupted by U.S. District Judge Miriam Goldman Cedarbaum seeking clarification. "I consider myself a Mujahid, a Muslim-soldier."

He said his intention was to do "damage to the building, injure the people or kill the people."
    KGMI

May all potential terrorists be as stupid as this guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    May all potential terrorists be as stupid as this guy is.
    May his words be heeded. This is what we're up against. Not a lone wolf, not a white male in his 40's.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

If only the left would pay attention. We are at WAR here.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.