1. #1 Mike Lee wins in Utah, and so does the tea party 
    Mike Lee wins in Utah, and so does the tea party

Attorney Mike Lee, a former clerk for Justice Samuel Alito who consolidated national and local tea party support, won the GOP's U.S. Senate nomination in Utah. He defeated businessman Tim Bridgewater, who won the party's convention nod and the late endorsement of Sen. Bob Bennett (R-Utah.).

Lee, speaking to a crowd chanting, “We like Mike,” called his victory a “peaceful revolution.”

“It is different than any election year any of us have ever seen in our lifetime,” he said. “It is different because people are taking the power back.”

This is a clear-cut victory for tea partyers. Lee had the endorsements of Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and FreedomWorks -- that organization dispatched volunteers to the Beehive State to stump and organize for a campaign that eked out a 51-49 win. (The Tea Party Express endorsed Lee too, after the convention.) Bridgewater even won the endorsement of the Salt Lake Tribune, which described the candidates as "Tweedledum and Tweedledee" and fretted about Lee's hardline positions on Constitutional issues. They ran home the message that Bridgewater, despite his rhetoric, was more liberal than Lee. It worked.
    :)

Wa Po

Nice one. Will Bennett be playing the spoil sport and running as an indepenant now too? ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    wasnt it Tea Party vs Tea Party? they would have won either way LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Nice one. Will Bennett be playing the spoil sport and running as an indepenant now too? ;)
    Nope, I don't think he can run. That's what someone posted a while back.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    I didn't even know who Mike Lee was until last night. I checked out where he stands on the social issues, and who is endorsing him. As a social conservative, Mike Lee is OK in my book. I'm glad he won. :)

It seems that the only Republican candidate that I oppose in this election so far is Meg Whitman. All of the rest seem like REAL conservatives, which is a refreshing change from all the RINOs that ran back in 2006 and 2008. It's nice to see that conseratives have finally woken up.

Mike Lee is a complete new one on the political stage. I don't think he will be able to win.