Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 McChrystal Fired - Replaced by Petraeus 
    Just breaking - Barry has fired Gen. McChrystal and is replacing him with Gen. Petraeus, according to Fox News who says according to AP.

EDIT: Oops....just realized I misspelled Petraeus in the title if a mod could fix that please.
    Last edited by bijou; 06-23-2010 at 01:57 PM.

I predict a lot of GREAT SOF Officers will drop their retirement papers soon.
    Last edited by M21; 06-23-2010 at 01:51 PM.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    I predict a lot of GREAT SOF Officers will drop their retirement papers soon.
    Doubt it. A lot of great SOF Officers will be saying that he got what he asked for.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Doubt it. A lot of great SOF Officers will be saying that he got what he asked for.
    That's not what I'm hearing where I work but your mileage may vary. FWIW - He resigned and I'm sure he'll get by just fine on 4 star retired pay.

I'm sure all the liberals who hate his ass from way back are orgasmic over this turn of events.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

I wonder what the Afghans think about this? They lobbied O to let him stay.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

So, the choices here were-

1). Obama fires McChrystal because he's a thin-skinned little bitch that can't take the heat of scrutiny that the office of POTUS brings with it

2). Obama doesn't fire McChrystal, which shows him to be weak and spineless (well, we already know he is, it just further re-enforces it)

...and he chooses thin-skinned little bitch, which really doesn't surprise me.
    ...PROgress is the opposite of CONgress...

I actually watched the Obama speech about this on the news today. I could actually picture two teleprompters to his left and his right, as he mechanically turned his head every 5 seconds while his eyes moved in an unbroken left-to-right fashion. And every so often he would pause on a very odd word.

I realize that all politicians use teleprompters, but it honestly seemed like his first time seeing the text he was reading. He really failed to connect with the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I actually watched the Obama speech about this on the news today. I could actually picture two teleprompters to his left and his right, as he mechanically turned his head every 5 seconds while his eyes moved in an unbroken left-to-right fashion. And every so often he would pause on a very odd word.

I realize that all politicians use teleprompters, but it honestly seemed like his first time seeing the text he was reading. He really failed to connect with the audience.
    The man is clearly unable to articulate even simple concepts with out the aid of speech writers and teleprompters. He seems incapable of ad hoc, off the cuff remarks that come across as even remotely intelligible.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

McChrystal voted for Obama and deserves what he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    McChrystal voted for Obama and deserves what he gets.
    Can't argue with that logic :p
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.