Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It's worse than Hillary constantly trying to get the nomination when she knows it's time to give up. :D
    She and Bill aren't done yet, Bridget.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What is it time for??? You guessed it!

Chimpeachment!!!

WOOT!!! :D
    RIGHT ON!!!!
    Bela T. Loon

First off, Fancy Nancy isn't there to read the letter. Second, she wouldn't waste her time with just you, she has lesser things to waste time on.

JFN1 Donating Member (874 posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Aug-09-08 05:31 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. Here is my letter to Pelosi - feel free to use it Updated at 5:07 PM
    I would have used it for toilet paper in the past.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Sonnabend
    A DUmmie actually said that they could impeach him, even after he left office. Took me an hour to clean the %$#ing monitor.

Turns out that DUmmie is right -- there is nothing in the Constitution that precludes Congress from impeaching individuals whose term of office has expired and holding an impeachment trial in the Senate.

Impeachment and conviction of such individuals would preclude them from holding office or appointed office within the branch in which they served when they were impeached and convicted; an impeached and convicted official, however, remains eligible for candidacy for and election to the legislative branch.

There is debate within legal circles as to whether or not impeachment and conviction should result in the loss of pension eligibility.

Sonnabend
    *shrug*

They wanna commit political suicide..I say let 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    ...which are...?

There you go throwing water on their fire again. JFN1 was trying to get them all worked up and you had to bring reality into it again. :)

Dup see below
    Last edited by YupItsMe; 08-11-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine LaBamba
    (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-09-08 05:37 PM
    Response to Original message
    4. Your sentiments are admirable
    I applaud your passion and agree with your goals.

But, you do realize that email and phone calls and faxes won't accomplish anything. Nothing. You're wasting your time. The idea of being Congress back from its summer recess is a great one, but, I am afraid, naive. It's not going to happen. Only for really life-threatening matters, like should Terri Schiavo's feeding tube be removed, do the pandering wimps we have in Congress return from holiday.
    Irony alert! Yes, that is actually a life and death situation. Does someone tie your shoes for you?

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineLaBamba
    There is one way I know that things get changed in this country, and I saw it during the Vietnam years, and that is by putting bodies in the streets, over and over, and making noise, loud, unstoppable, incontrovertible noise.

Sitting, you see, is what most people do best, instead of getting off their duffs and getting out there, involved, hands-on, noisy, causing trouble, making headlines, closing down roads and, in short, making all kinds of mischief as was done during Vietnam.....

Oh, please do. Please. I'm not sure what the shelf life of tear gas is, but I think we need to use a bunch of it between now and November.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotMeese View Post
    Turns out that DUmmie is right -- there is nothing in the Constitution that precludes Congress from impeaching individuals whose term of office has expired and holding an impeachment trial in the Senate.

Impeachment and conviction of such individuals would preclude them from holding office or appointed office within the branch in which they served when they were impeached and convicted; an impeached and convicted official, however, remains eligible for candidacy for and election to the legislative branch.

There is debate within legal circles as to whether or not impeachment and conviction should result in the loss of pension eligibility.
    So I guess G-Dub won't ever run for President again?
    DUmmies must be orgasmic.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand