1. #1 Hornet Horror! Bonus Hawk Action. 
    So, I am out in the garden this morning minding my own business and I decide to remove the last of the pea vines from the back of the veggie garden. This garden has a base of railroad ties on two sides topped by a split rail fence and stone everywhere else. I decide that it best to remove the vines from the back by reaching through the split rail fences and the trellis.

Things went happily for a long time until I noticed that there were sure a lot of bees flying around. A closer look revealed that these were not bees.

FAIL.

At the first sting I run shrieking across the yard into a low hanging branch. Stunned but determined, I make it into the house where I immediately seek first aid. I figure this will involve bourbon or that sunburn spray or both. As I am contemplating this question, I am standing in front the bay window in my kitchen and idly observing the cheerful neighbor children skating out front. This is when I realize I have hornets under my shirt.

My girlish screams of terror attract the attention of the children in time for them view my emergency strip. When Mr. Snaps returned home, he had a hearty laugh over the entire incident and then took me to lunch. He did exact high level revenge on the hornets later.

After I recover, I am trying to get a few things ready for the party tomorrow. This is when a Cooper's hawk dive bombs out of the sky and proceeds to disembowel his lunch all over the large fountain I just finished cleaning.

I haven't yet been bitten by the Collie but I expect that to happen sometime before 9:00 tonight. The Collie did bite a quilt this morning and I repaired that but I doubt it count in the mayhem category. :D

Ouch, Ginger! I have been stung by a bee and know it is not fun. Glad it wasn't worse and that you were able to laugh about it. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    So, I am out in the garden this morning minding my own business and I decide to remove the last of the pea vines from the back of the veggie garden. This garden has a base of railroad ties on two sides topped by a split rail fence and stone everywhere else. I decide that it best to remove the vines from the back by reaching through the split rail fences and the trellis.

Things went happily for a long time until I noticed that there were sure a lot of bees flying around. A closer look revealed that these were not bees.

FAIL.

At the first sting I run shrieking across the yard into a low hanging branch. Stunned but determined, I make it into the house where I immediately seek first aid. I figure this will involve bourbon or that sunburn spray or both. As I am contemplating this question, I am standing in front the bay window in my kitchen and idly observing the cheerful neighbor children skating out front. This is when I realize I have hornets under my shirt.

My girlish screams of terror attract the attention of the children in time for them view my emergency strip. When Mr. Snaps returned home, he had a hearty laugh over the entire incident and then took me to lunch. He did exact high level revenge on the hornets later.

After I recover, I am trying to get a few things ready for the party tomorrow. This is when a Cooper's hawk dive bombs out of the sky and proceeds to disembowel his lunch all over the large fountain I just finished cleaning.

I haven't yet been bitten by the Collie but I expect that to happen sometime before 9:00 tonight. The Collie did bite a quilt this morning and I repaired that but I doubt it count in the mayhem category. :D
    I hesitate to ask but curiosity calls, were you stung ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I hesitate to ask but curiosity calls, were you stung ?
    Yes. Having achieved another milestone in my personal ambition to be bitten, stung, spit at, peed upon, clawed, kicked, or crushed by every animal in North America, I can state with authority that hornets are not as bad European Paper Wasps but they are much, much worse than bees.

We had some kind of nest in the ground at my workplace. I found the egress hole, shoved a water hose into it and drowned the little bastards.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well...you have been mailing (FedExing) a lot of bugs around lately. :D

I got bit by a skeeter about an hour ago...
    May the FORCE be with you!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    We had some kind of nest in the ground at my workplace. I found the egress hole, shoved a water hose into it and drowned the little bastards.
    Road flares work well on ground hornets. Just get away fast after you stuff a lit one in a hornet hole !

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well...you have been mailing (FedExing) a lot of bugs around lately. :D

I got bit by a skeeter about an hour ago...

Oh the HORROR!!!

Did your insurance cover the hospital bill???:D