Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was a vegetarian for 11 days as part of a meditation trip, it was some of the best food I've ever eaten. Tasted great and I felt great.

Still, animals are delicious and I'm sure I will be too to all the little bugs that eat me.

Quote Originally Posted by jphillips@kelln View Post
    I know it's impossible to prove a negative, but I have a theory, unprovable, that I've believed true for years. I believe that there are no secret vegetarians. It's impossible for them to keep quiet about it. if you meet a vegetarian, he will tell you.
    Secret vegan here. :D I was always the steak and scotch girl in the crowd and proud of it, until I developed high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I went on a lowfat vegan diet in April and have been doing a pretty good job of keeping it quiet, lol. If asked why I'm eating what I'm eating I will quietly explain. Otherwise, I keep it to myself. The biggest problem with this diet is that almost all info available in books and online comes with a heavy dose of liberal global warming bulls**t and self-righteousness.

(BTW, I'm feeling pretty damn good these days.;))

Maybe you could revise your theory to "secret liberal vegetarians".

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Militant vegetarians remind me of the militant queers. Just STFU and eat your carrots, I don't need to know the details. Okay?
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    Secret vegan here. .

Not any longer. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    Secret vegan here. :D I was always the steak and scotch girl in the crowd and proud of it, until I developed high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I went on a lowfat vegan diet in April and have been doing a pretty good job of keeping it quiet, lol. If asked why I'm eating what I'm eating I will quietly explain. Otherwise, I keep it to myself. The biggest problem with this diet is that almost all info available in books and online comes with a heavy dose of liberal global warming bulls**t and self-righteousness.

(BTW, I'm feeling pretty damn good these days.;))

Maybe you could revise your theory to "secret liberal vegetarians".
    Believe it or not, you just proved his point. Ha you simply said nothing, you would have won the argument without a fight but chose to "out" yourself. However, your choice to go vegan was due to health reasons not some moral "I won't eat anything with a face" mentality so your being a vegan doesn't count.

But I have sure seen that attitude, blatant or veiled, in these pro-vegetarian or vegan threads. My advice is to stop using diet for some kind of podium thumping pedagogy, and looking down on your fellows here who do not eat the same as you. It's divisive, counterproductive to our aims and quite silly.
    Does anyone else see the irony in this statement?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips@kelln View Post
    I know it's impossible to prove a negative, but I have a theory, unprovable, that I've believed true for years. I believe that there are no secret vegetarians. It's impossible for them to keep quiet about it. if you meet a vegetarian, he will tell you.
    I agree with Janey, i needs to be Liberal Vegetarians. While I personally eat meat, many Seventh-Day Adventists are Vegetarian/Vegan, and you probably wouldn't know if you meet them on the street. They are also among the longest lived and healthiest people on earth. Even in areas that have high rates of mortality (ie Africa, Asia), those that follow a vegetarian diet and get the proper amount of nutrition live longer than those that don't.