1. #1 To add on to Swamp Rat's car discussion, what about us that CAN'T drive? 
    Odin2005 (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-26-10 01:33 PM
    Original message
    To add on to Swamp Rat's car discussion, what about us that CAN'T drive?
    Advertisements [?]
    One of the things that is so fucked up by our society today is that in most places you pretty much HAVE to have a car to be independent. For those of us that for what ever reason can't drive, is is essentially a violation on our freedom of movement. Our recreational and employment opportunities are restricted because or society is so centered on cars. I have had potential employers reject my job application simply because I don't have a car. Here in Fargo there is no bus service on Sunday, so I can't go anywhere on Sundays. The only way for me to get to another city without getting a ride from a relative or friend is by Greyhound bus, and they are nasty things to ride.

[COLOR="red"]The very car-centric structure of our society is a violation of my human rights, and the human rights of ANYONE who can't drive.[/COLOR]
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=8640381

Just when I thought they could NOT get any more stupid!
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Quick, close the door before the reality gets in!

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=8641336

Ozymanithrax (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-26-10 04:31 PM
    Response to Original message
    36. The Constitution has no freedom of recreation...and no freedom of movement...
    Edited on Sat Jun-26-10 04:31 PM by Ozymanithrax
    Invest in a good bicycle.

And when it is cold, wear a coat.
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

He thinks it's bad? He should be car-less in Miami. Fuckers aren't even friendly enough to offer you a ride. I didn't spend time bitching before I had a car that my human rights were violated. I either made friends who had cars (and treated them like civilized human beings, or like I was better than them), or just made my schedule work.

Yeah... I even had a JOB . . .if you put effort into it, you can find a job w/o a car.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

So, someone is arguing that their rights have been violated based on the fact that those who can drive do drive, and someone who cannot drive, presumably due to some physical limitation, doesn't drive, but wants to.

By this train of thought, should we ban driving because the blind are unable to do so?

Wait a sec, I've heard an argument based on this type of retardation somewhere before....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

Ah, there it is.

So what say you? We will all agree that even though Odin2005 does not possess the necessary facilities required to drive, that Odin2005 has the right to drive, even though he cant.
    Last edited by malloc; 06-27-2010 at 04:59 AM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Banned
    My message to Swamp Rat is that life is a bitch and then you die. :D

So what this idiot is saying is that he has the right to free car service? Solution, move to a small town where everything is in walking distance.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So what this idiot is saying is that he has the right to free car service? Solution, move to a small town where everything is in walking distance.
    But then small towns have those small town values, and Swampy just can't have that shit.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.