Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Longtime Sen. Byrd in hospital, seriously ill 
    seafan (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-27-10 03:00 PM
    Original message
    Longtime Sen. Byrd in hospital, seriously ill
    Source: Washington Post

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Robert C. Byrd, who holds the record as the longest-serving member of Congress, is seriously ill in a Washington-area hospital.

The West Virginia Democrat's office says the 92-year-old lawmaker has been in the hospital since late last week.

At first he was believed to be suffering from heat exhaustion and severe dehydration. But his office says in a statement doctors have examined Byrd and other medical conditions have developed. His condition is described as serious.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x4444399

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm it would be very interesting to have a side by side comparison between KKK byrd and cheney.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Even in there they get some Cheney death wishes.

The Velveteen Ocelot (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-27-10 03:10 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    3. And yet...
    ...Dick Cheney continues to operate (I was going to say "lives on," but I'm not sure those are exactly the right words). God, who/whatever he/she/it is, has a lousy sense of humor.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

This is basically how they decide their reaction:
    Let's look at how many times the ill person supported positions we agree with.
    Let's see.... Cheney supported big oil, Byrd was in the KKK.
    But Byrd put a D by his name and voted along liberal lines most of the time
    So we curse Cheney and feel sorry for Byrd.

Manners are manners. There are few people I wish ill, no matter what their politics are. When politics means you lose your humanity, then you've just gone too deep. I pray the attitudes on the du don't become mainstream among all democrats, or even more prevalent in our overall society. It's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I pray the attitudes on the du don't become mainstream among all democrats, or even more prevalent in our overall society. It's sickening.
    So true. It is depressing to see how they grave-dance over there. Those hyper-hypocrites pride themselves in their humanity, their caring for the poor, etc. Yet they display nothin less than a form of evil when a political foe becomes ill.

The tolerance of the left is or course legendary...............Sen Byrd has long since been in need of retiring I of course hate to see some one fall ill like this, but I can only hope he is prepared to meet his maker.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Quote Originally Posted by warpig View Post
    Sen Byrd has long since been in need of retiring
    QFT
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Manners are manners. There are few people I wish ill, no matter what their politics are. When politics means you lose your humanity, then you've just gone too deep. I pray the attitudes on the du don't become mainstream among all democrats, or even more prevalent in our overall society. It's sickening.
    I totally agree with you. According to the DUmmies,if they do not have a D in front of their name then they are the enemy. Even though I may not gree with them politicaly, I do not wish any bad upon a person.

wow.........seems we have alot of "visitors" here. Just sooooo wishing they will find a juicy little tidbit of how we are talking bad about KKK byrd.

The old boy has hung on pretty long. Most people thought he would have a heart attack when Abe Lincoln got elected.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    The old boy has hung on pretty long. Most people thought he would have a heart attack when Abe Lincoln got elected.
    :D