Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Apparently the only way we're gonna get rid of these fools is if they die off.

I couldn't stand that guy and his grandstanding. He was all about partisan politics. Both sides have the partisans, and he was one who got under my last nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I couldn't stand that guy and his grandstanding. He was all about partisan politics. Both sides have the partisans, and he was one who got under my last nerve.
    With all due respect for the deceased, I honestly believe that on any given day he didn't know what day of the week it was for at least 10 years now... Probably longer.
    Last edited by Tecate; 06-28-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    WV law gives Gov. Joe Manchin (D) the power to appoint Byrd's replacement. If a vacancy occurs within 2 and a half years of the beginning of the next term, the governor appoints a replacement until that next election. But state law says an election must be called if a vacancy occurs more than 2 and a half years before a term expires. Byrd's term would have had 2 and a half years left as of next week -- July 3.
    But remember Kennedy's seat and the tricks the dims tried to pull and rewrite the law to fit what they wanted. Expect it here.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    But remember Kennedy's seat and the tricks the dims tried to pull and rewrite the law to fit what they wanted. Expect it here.
    And in the news today.

What Will Happen to Byrdís Senate Seat?

By JEFF ZELENY

June 28, 2010

Ö Mr. Byrd, a Democrat who died early Monday at age 92, was the longest serving United States senator, having spent 51 years there. Now, in a competitive midterm election year, as Republicans work to win control of the House and Senate, do they suddenly have a fresh opportunity to pick up another seat?

The duty of selecting an interim successor to Mr. Byrd falls to Gov. Joe Manchin III, a Democrat. No announcements are expected on Monday or even this week, Democrats say, out of respect for Mr. Byrd and his familyÖ

While the governor will appoint a fellow Democrat to serve as the next senator from West Virginia, it remains an open question how many months the appointed senator would serve.

Democrats believe that the filing deadline for November has passed and an interim senator should remain in office through the remainder of Mr. Byrdís term, which ends on Jan. 3, 2013. But some Republicans believe that West Virginia law provides for a special election to be held in November because more than two and a half years of Mr. Byrdís Senate term remains.
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...er=rss&emc=rss
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

The Dems are still trying to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic apparently.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I hope their ship really is sinking. so far i see one detrimental accomplishment after another.

I don't hold his KKK membership against him. It was a long time ago, and people often do things they later regret.
    Interesting comment considering that Trent Lott lost his job as Senate Majority Leader because he said that when Strom Thurmond(a stern segregationist in his earlier career) was running for President, he and his family were proud of him. So, if Trent Lott can have something he felt as a child held against him, Byrd's membership in the Klan can be held against him. While I'm sorry for his family and my Christian values prohibit me in saying how I really feel, I hope he met his maker with a load in his celestial pants. And I ask you, do you think a Republican would be given the same respect?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

So he was the last ex-Klan member in the Senate?

GOP'ers would be raked over the coals. This fact alone should tell us which party still (temporarily?) holds the moral high ground.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand