Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I need an iPhone 4 

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

That video is friggin'g hilarious.

My friend works in private security for a small security firm. They've been contracted by AT&T to pull security in the stores until the fanboys calm down.

I've received two texts from him since he started today.

Text 1. Apple fanboys are obnoxious.

Text 2. This has been my day: <followed by link to above video>

Hilarious.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Iphone is a waste of money...

that vid is FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!
    Last edited by fettpett; 06-29-2010 at 09:47 PM.

I still use a motorola razor

pointless consumption is idiodic.

Sonnabend

Won't help you....it's idiot proof.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

wow...the Razor is the biggest piece of shit phone on the market. Motorla made them cheap and they had so many problems it wasn't even funny. I know several people that had to get 3-5 DIFFERENT Razors because they kept fucking up

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    wow...the Razor is the biggest piece of shit phone on the market. Motorla made them cheap and they had so many problems it wasn't even funny. I know several people that had to get 3-5 DIFFERENT Razors because they kept fucking up
    I've had mine for years now. Each year I can either upgrade my 'phone or get £10 off my monthly bill, I am such a cheapskate I take the discount. :D

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    The one I had was pretty good, but all I used it for was a phone. Mine worked great as just a phone. I have the iPhone now (yes a iPhone 4). I've been using the iPhone for about 3 years and it has evolved into a part of my life. I keep my schedule on it, use it for getting and sending emails, it is my alarm clock, a web browser, weather forecaster, it keeps track of my blood sugar levels, a tuner for my guitar in a pinch.

I was never much of a PDA person because I didn't want to have all that junk clipped to my belt. I remember seeing people with a couple of cell phones, a pager, and a PDA hanging off their waists. I thought these people needed to go rent a batman utility belt or something. Thanks to the iPhone (and other smart phones) can have all these things plus lots more and it all fits in to my pocket.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The one I had was pretty good, but all I used it for was a phone. Mine worked great as just a phone. I have the iPhone now (yes a iPhone 4). I've been using the iPhone for about 3 years and it has evolved into a part of my life. I keep my schedule on it, use it for getting and sending emails, it is my alarm clock, a web browser, weather forecaster, it keeps track of my blood sugar levels, a tuner for my guitar in a pinch.
    I know exactly what you mean. I've just had your basic cell phone for the past few years until I got a G1 right after they came out. I'm a System's Architect and software developer for a large Linux based network, so Android was the obvious choice for me. However, I don't how I survived all these years with a phone with sort of capability. It keeps track of almost everything. From my schedule, to my music. Google maps/turn by turn navigation has got to be my favorite feature. How did I ever find anything in this City before I had that feature? In a desperate pinch, I can even log into some of my work systems from my phone if there is a disaster.

Recently it's even been a lifeline for me. My high speed cable internet has been non-functional at my house for a week or so now. They keep sending out guys to fix it, but it's a problem at the node in my neighborhood, so they have to send out some expert who won't be here until Saturday. I've been connecting from my home via 3G tethering.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I was never much of a PDA person because I didn't want to have all that junk clipped to my belt. I remember seeing people with a couple of cell phones, a pager, and a PDA hanging off their waists. I thought these people needed to go rent a batman utility belt or something. Thanks to the iPhone (and other smart phones) can have all these things plus lots more and it all fits in to my pocket.
    I was one of these people for a while, but not by choice. Back in the day before the rise of the smart phones I was on-call once a month for work. I had to have my personal cell phone, the on-call cell phone, the on-call pager, the laptop, and the EVDO laptop wireless card with me when I went anywhere. It sucked, to the casual observer I was either trying to flash wealth, or was a very busy drug dealer. Now when I'm on-call I still need the pager and my cell phone, but I usually leave the laptop in the car, and tether it with my cell.

The pager is necessary because text messages have no guaranteed time of delivery, and that's important for critical systems.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

The big Cheese
    I am thinking of getting the evo.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.