1. #1 petrochemical chicken nuggets & not lovin' it. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    UGP starts this thread and I'm wondering...why?

undergroundpanther (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-29-10 10:04 PM
    Original message petrochemical chicken nuggets & not lovin' it.

CNN has revealed that the fast-food chain makes this popular menu item with the chemical preservative tBHQ, tertiary butylhydroquinone, a petroleum-based product. Mcnuggets also contain dimethylpolysiloxane, "an anti-foaming agent" also used in Silly Putty.

Read more:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry...

And then it becomes clear after bobbolink bites first...

undergroundpanther (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-29-10 10:14 PM
    Response to Reply #1

3. poor food ya know..and some people on du still wag puritanical fingers and lecture people about'dietary choices'.What if the options for the poor that they can afford are full of shit like this?

poverty and overweight are interrelated factors ..coinkidink?

psst...not.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010...
    http://www.columban.com/stateofplanet2.htm

Yepper, it's all about her again and "Them" going after "Her". She never changes...
    May the FORCE be with you!

The Silly Putty connection does explain the texture of McNuggets. I really don't like them, but man, kids sure love them. I don't like McDonald's food, except for breakfast. Egg McMuffins rule, especially when I'm travelling.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The Silly Putty connection does explain the texture of McNuggets. I really don't like them, but man, kids sure love them. I don't like McDonald's food, except for breakfast. Egg McMuffins rule, especially when I'm travelling.
    French fries were about the only thing I ever liked at McDonald's. Burger King rules for breakfast.

Bobolink has some competition in the "I am Homeless therefore I have the moral authority to be the final word on any issue remotely relating to homeless/poor people" role.
    Codeine Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jun-30-10 07:49 PM
    Response to Original message
    25. Reading this thread has convinced me

Edited on Wed Jun-30-10 07:49 PM by Codeine
    that some people have a need - a craving - to feel helpless, and to make sure others are cast in the same helpless role.

I've been dirt-damned poor for much of my life and even homeless for about a year. During that time I didn't eat at fucking McDonald's or other fast food places because they cost too much. while homeless, for the cost of two decent-sized McD's meals I could get fixings for PBJs, a bag of carrots, and a couple bananas that I could shove in my backpack, all from a convenience store.

Other times, when I had an apartment, I could get rice and beans and inexpensive veggies like potatoes and yams for even less and have huge, filling meals for essentially pennies. Most people are not helpless, just dumb as hell about food.
    I am waiting for the dueling to start to find out who has the most "street cred" to be the last word on this topic.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    During that time I didn't eat at fucking McDonald's or other fast food places because they cost too much. while homeless, for the cost of two decent-sized McD's meals I could get fixings for PBJs, a bag of carrots, and a couple bananas that I could shove in my backpack, all from a convenience store.
    Can't be that easy to make a PBJ while homeless. Just sayin'.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Can't be that easy to make a PBJ while homeless. Just sayin'.

Not really, he's actually right about it. Have you ever gone on a road trip with little cash? My sister and I did once, and we bought a loaf of bread and cold cuts to eat in the car on the way back, because we had spent most of our cash. We took a bunch of little packets of condiments at the store, and a plastic knife, and we were set. For a single guy, a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly might last a few days.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Have you ever gone on a road trip with little cash?
    Only in college, and I had enough to afford fast food.

I understand what you mean though.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

That reminds me, I need to get Peanut Butter, Bread, and Cherry Tomatoes... (I used a coupon I had for feta cheese... Feta Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes=awesome)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

It's even easier if you splurge for Goober Grape. Peanut Butter and Jelly all in the same jar.

Seriously, if you bought private label PBJ it will last you for quite some time because you can get a bigger jar.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It's even easier if you splurge for Goober Grape. Peanut Butter and Jelly all in the same jar.

Seriously, if you bought private label PBJ it will last you for quite some time because you can get a bigger jar.
    Yeah, Publix brand PB is pretty good. . . Reduced Fat Creamy FTW! :D

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.